The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know for sure why all of a sudden there is no or very little ammo out there.i do not need any but even 22s are scarce.i also reload and you cant find a 223 bulet or for that matter any primers old semperfi

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
People are preparing for the worst...for sure.

:patriotic:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Big frenzy has been going on since the recent shootings and Obama's attempts in gun control. AR's have since doubled in price compared to.... November 2012, and shelves everywhere have been emptied. My local shop sells 1000 rounds of .223 for $900. That pallet is probably sold out by now. Lots of places are backordered into 2014.

·
Super Moderator
31,545 Posts
It's called "Panic Hoarding". It happened when obozo was first elected in '08 and it's happening again now. Only this time it's worse because of all the weapons bans being proposed. Hard to find ammo, reloading supplies and don't waste your time looking for magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
anybody know for sure why all of a sudden there is no or very little ammo out there.i do not need any but even 22s are scarce.i also reload and you cant find a 223 bulet or for that matter any primers old semperfi
It has been that way here for 3 months. I have been to 8 places, with 4 of them being wallyworld. Only two had a limited amount of .22.

·
Super Moderator
31,545 Posts
I was just in the Cabelas store in Mi. The shelves have been picked clean. Reloading section was just about bare. 8 assorted 1 pound cans of powder, 2000 Federal LRM primers, handgun bullets scarce, a few bags of odd sized brass, pistol ammo was picked clean and forget about 223 ammo. There was an employee on the phone helping someone decide on a reloading kit and trying to instruct him how to reload. Another came out with a pallet stacked with plastic ammo cans. Shoppers swarmed on him like vultures until they found out that they were empty. I usually enjoy my trips to Cabelas but that one was truly disheartening.

·
Registered
19,010 Posts
you just wake up from a few months of coma? :)

since about mid dec I havn
t seen normal ammo on shelves of normal stores. and when you do find it.. expect to pay a dollar a round.. or more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.