Ammo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rdbrumfield, Apr 7, 2009.

1. rdbrumfield

rdbrumfield New Member

Our shelves are bare, how about you?
    I noticed all NATO ammo went first. I guess if they can't take our guns they will cut off the ammo.
    Prices are out of sight if you can get any.

Just wondering if it is a local thing.

2. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I was in Ace hardware today, 1 box of 357 mag was $57, no 45 ACP

3. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

I can get ammo it's just alot more expensive. You asked if it's a local thing but you don't have your location near your signature. Don't worry if they want to find you they sure don't need our help.

4. dge479

dge479 New Member

Havent noticed, I stocked up last year. Last few shows there was ammo, but prices were up a little and it was selling

5. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

You should have come up to the show! Didn't notice any 357, but I'm sure it was there (wasn't looking for any pistol ammo myself). Though I am sure it was [mostly] gone by Sunday!

6. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i cant find hardly anything round here.. hardin co ky. i found 4 boxes of 357 for 25 a box a couple counties over im goign to go get tomorrow or the next day.

everything is short around here.

7. islenos

islenos Active Member

It's called "Supply Line Warfare"
    Gasoline will be the next item to cut off.

8. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

That's what she said!

9. Stays_Crunchy

Stays_Crunchy New Member

lol, nice. :p

I'm going over to Spokane this weekend to visit my parents and I'm planning on bringing my 1911 with me. They live on a farm so I can go out there and shoot garbage for free instead of paying to shoot at the range over here in Seattle. Anyway, I'm bringing some ammo with me but is there a chance I'll be able to find any 45acp on the shelves over there? I was going to hit White Elephant and/or maybe the Cabelas in Post Falls. Am I going to come away empty handed do you think?

10. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

Cabelas is probably a better bet but I have never been. I'm not a fan of White Elephant myself, never bought ammo there so not sure but don't recall seeing a ton in stock (when I went even years ago). Another big one is Sharps. I don't think you will find lots of .45, but grabbing a few boxes wouldn't be a problem I think!

11. Stays_Crunchy

Stays_Crunchy New Member

Thanks, I will check Sharps out when I get there.

There was a gun show over here in Monroe last weekend and there was plenty of ammo in all calibers for everybody. Obviously the prices were higher than most of us would have liked, but I managed to pick up 4 boxes of 45acp for $18 per box. A couple of weeks ago I ordered 4 boxes of Wolf ammo from MidwayUSA and the very next day they show sold out on everything so I guess I lucked out there!

Fortunately for me, my main interest is WWII rifles and I got tons of 8mm Mauser and 30-06 Springfield. There doesn't seem to be any shortage on those, and the 8mm is still only about 25-cents per round.

12. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

The price went up about a dollar here and its goin faster, but thats about it.

13. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

In Feb when I bought my WASR, I got a case of 1000 rounds of Wolf Military Classic 124gr JHP 7.62x39 for $299. It was the last case the store had. Monday, the very same store had a case of 1000 rounds of the very same ammo for $549!:eek::eek:

14. paulrw

paulrw New Member

.45 ACP is hard to find here in Phoenix. A friend of mine bought 2 of the 3 boxes a gunshop had. he would have bought all 3 if he'd had the cash on him, at least that's what he told me.

We bought ammo at a mal-mart about a month or so ago. 100 dounds, .45 ACP for 32 and change, tax included. The same store now has no idea when they'll get more.

And on-line is just as bad. One website (can't remember the name) has no .45 acp at all. They have a sign that says they expect more arount June 15!

15. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Ammo has just about dried up in these parts. Every once in awhile Walmart will get a couple 50 round fmj white boxes of 357 sig for $25 ea. I should pick one up when I have the extra cash as I only have 70 rounds put back.