Ammo?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

jason pa
    (7/9/01 11:30:21 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Ammo?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys where can i get Ammo Cheap?
    Not Cheap Ammo.
    I own a Glock 19 9mm and a Kimber .45
    I want to order a large ammount at disscount price? anyone know?
    i currently pay 5.99 for 50 rds 9mm and 12.99 for 50 rds of .45 winchester brand. white box red writing.
    Thanks J

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/9/01 11:39:01 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ammo?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm just being cute here, Jason, So don't pay any attention to me. "Cheaper than Dirt"
    On a serious note: what would be your intent and purpose for the ammo? Home/self defense, plinking at targets/cans, or pistol matches. You might want to look at different ammo for different applications. Sorry for being cute, it was a private joke
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 7/9/01 1:07:45 pm

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/9/01 11:53:18 am)
    I check them all but the two that I normally end up buying from are:
    www.ammoman.com/ (they have free shipping) and
    www.natchezss.com/ both have super fast shipping and have even left the box at the front door when no one was home.
    One trick I do to keep the cost down is print out all of my targets before I go to the range.
    The last time I ordered from natchezss 9 mm came to $6.10 a box per 1000.(price to my door) Sellier and bellot FMJ 115 grs.

Guns don't cause crime anymore than flies caues garbage.

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (7/9/01 11:59:44 am)
    Try Clearview Investments or Centerfire Systems out of Kentucky. In fact they operate out of the same building, sell alot of the same stuff but are NOT related, can't figure that out.

Patina is a custom finish that must be EARNED to be appreciated.

Edited by: polishshooter at: 7/9/01 1:00:39 pm

jason pa
    (7/9/01 2:37:57 pm)
    Its only for target i buy the expensive nicer stuff for protection.

6.10 a box i guess walmart is cheaper.
    thanks guys.

jason pa
    (7/9/01 2:57:33 pm)
    Maybe i should just continue to buy from wal-mart?
    J

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/9/01 3:12:39 pm)
    Jason, You probably already know this but take the more expensive stuff to the range with you also. Some guns are funny in what will feed thru them. I'd hate to see your semi jam on you when you and your family need it the most. Also with different types of ammo be it the cheap stuff or not, you'll find that your gun will be more accurate with a certain brand.
    one more thing...your post has only been up a few hours and alot of good folks that visit this board are still at work so don't give up yet for a better answer than what there is so far. I know I'll be following this thread in hopes of finding a cheaper place for ammo.

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/9/01 4:37:26 pm)
    Jason, The 45 acp 230gr FMJ GI ball from clearview investments is 5.95/ 50rds.

www.clearviewinvest.com/

Edited by: tuckerd1 at: 7/9/01 5:39:22 pm

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/9/01 6:59:40 pm)
    Tuck: Anybody try any of this ammo, for that price, I would like to have a few boxes myself
    BlackGUN

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/9/01 7:05:37 pm)
    BlackGun, Haven't tried it, but it is a hella deal!! Their website sometimes is hard to get to, but keep trying and check it out!

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/9/01 7:37:31 pm)
    Blackgun, the 9 mm stuff is wolf which isn't bad but when I was reading the ad about the 45 ACP it warned that the primer was Mildly Corrosive.

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/9/01 9:34:01 pm)
    Tuck, I have the web site book marked, ya can't beat those prices for plinking ammo.
    John when you win the bid on that 4506 let me know how that ammo works in it. It should be OK if ya just clean your toy good when you finish. I'm keeping an inventory on all your new guns for when we make that trade
    BlackGUN

jason pa
    (7/10/01 10:08:47 am)
    Thanks guys!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/5/01 2:11:20 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Ammo?
    Shotgun News has plenty of places for good buys
    on ammo too!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

Investig8tor
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/13/01 3:04:36 pm)
    At three different recent IDPA matches, I witnessed three competitors have feeding problems with Wolf ammo jamming.

At Walmart - 9mm 115 gr FMJ is $11.00/100 for Winchester target loads.

Xracer
    (8/13/01 5:05:42 pm)
    I wouldn't worry too much about that "mildly corrosive" ammo.

Take a gallon milk jug and rinse it out thoroughly.....dump in 1 pint of sudsy ammonia, and fill with water. Swab out the bore with this stuff (it'll neutralize any corrosive salts)....run a couple of dry patches thru...then saturate a patch with WD40 and run it thru. Then clean as usual.