The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Super Moderator
47,548 Posts
Did not know they made a 1911. My nephew bought a Girsan 92F this past summer. If I had not seen the Girsan imprinted on it I would have sworn it was a Beretta. I laid them out side by side and without looking closely at it, you could not tell. I shot that one and it shot as good as my Berreta did and it took Beretta magazines. I have also seen (in pictures) the one that looks like a Browning High Power.

I believe they are made in Turkey!

EDIT: I would not pay $780 for one of them.

· Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Ted, NRA publication this month American Rifleman has a very good report on the weapon. It is made in Turkey and some have said the trigger is a little gritty at first but smooths out and becomes a good trigger. The weapon has had several good reviews. Canik is also a Turkey-made weapon and they are very well thought of.

Good luck

Larry

· Registered
Token Trigger Snob
7,398 Posts
I get emails offering these and the Tisas guns for far less than that all the time. I'm looking at a page right now with them for $495. I just bought a Taylors and Company (Rock Island made) 1911 in 10mm for $399.99 new. So, you have to look for deals. You won't find new deals like that in a pawn shop.

The site I was browsing has the Match 45 for $693. I think that's high for basically adjustable sights as an upgrade.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts