·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(7/12/01 10:18:34 pm)
| Edit | Del All Angels are around
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a great day. About 3 months ago I took my coonhound and beagle out for a run. They took off hell bent for nowhere up the creek behind the house. My coonhound shows back up tail wagging around dark. No beagle. We looked for over a week, put up flyers and the whole works. It was spring and all the creeks were flooded and moving fast so i have been thinking she drowned. Wife and kids have been very upset because she was a loved pet.

This week we had to go to Wyoming to bury my wifes grandmother. After the funeral I headed for home with the boys. My wife and daughter stayed in Wyoming to take care of things. I got home late at night the day of the funeral and guess who comes walking up to the door?

It is Izzy, the long lost beagle. No collar, she wieghs in at around 1 pound, toenails wore down to nubs and she hasn't quit eating for a day.

I called my wife and daughter and told them the good news. The first thing my daughter said was "Granny showed her the way home as soon as she got to heaven."

I don't know what happened to that little dog over the last 3 months. But it seems like a miracle to us that she found us.

I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor. If the women don't find you handsome, at least they will find you handy. Red Green. I am the ILLUSTRIOUS POTENTATE!

Tac401
Administrator
(7/12/01 10:26:10 pm)
| Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Angels are around
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exellent,

I am very happy that she came back, maybe it was
Granny, I've been following a thread on this subject
at the VMBB Gen Disc, very interesting.

Good for you my friend!
The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

tuckerd1
V.I.P. Member
(7/12/01 10:26:35 pm)
| Edit | Del Re: Angels are around
Great story Warpig!! Thanks for sharing, and I agree with your daughter.

polishshooter
Senior Chief Moderator Staff
(7/12/01 10:29:17 pm)
Geez, I hope he didn't lose his trailing voice runnin' something THAT long...

You were lucky. A friend bred my dog with his female, I got pick of the litter, took a hyper little female we named "Troubles." Dad and daughter had the run of the house, fun to watch them play.

She paper trained just like Dad, NO paper, at the door the first time, never an accident in the house.

Used to let her out, she'd NEVER leave the side yard, come right back in.

One day let her out, 5 minutes later she's GONE.

Never seen since.

Called the pound, the guy said, "Let me guess, a Beagle" before I told him what it was.

He said they had MORE reports of "lost or stolen" beagles than any other dog. He said if it was a tri-color, and came to anybody,(she was) he said somebody picked her up, sure as anything.

It's been about 2 years now...

A guy who would steal someones dog is just a little lower than a guy who'd steal somebody's wife or gun...
Patina is an acquired taste.

TallTLynn
(7/12/01 10:29:28 pm)
Angels show up in the strangest places and the strangest times - I'm thankful that an angel directed your dog home to you and your family.

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(7/12/01 10:55:05 pm)
Here is the little troubmaker. She is the one on the right. No she did not lose her trailing voice. My neighbors wish she would have. Funniest dog I have ever had. She can catch live squirrels and rabbits. Once brought home a litter of live baby rabbits and was keeping them in the doghouse. Alive, to play with I guess. She is hell on wheels in a fight with a coon. She will wade right in and get into all kinds of trouble, then one of the other dogs will bail her out. Before you know it she jumps right back in and bites down.

I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor. If the women don't find you handsome, at least they will find you handy. Red Green. I am the ILLUSTRIOUS POTENTATE!

Edited by: warpig883 at: 7/13/01 12:31:39 am

polishshooter
(7/13/01 12:54:28 am)
There is absolutely no such thing as an ugly Beagle!

Cute dog, looks like a hellion...

I can't figure out if Beagles are so dumb or so smart because they are way outa other dogs league when it comes to getting into and out of trouble.

Mine is 12 or 13 years old now and is still a pistol when he gets it in him, even figured out how to open a screen door believe it or not!

But if I had to do it all over again with kids and a dog, it would be a beagle again.

Although my neighbors just got a Basset pup which is pretty cool too....
Patina is an acquired taste.

AGunguy
(7/13/01 12:47:12 pm)
Wonderful story, and yes there are angels. God has made better beings than us poor frail mortal humans with all our faults.

Gunguy

Different name
V.I.P. Member
(7/13/01 1:45:56 pm)
| Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Angels are around
Warpig883:
Is it a fact that: "Beagles" howl the way the doooooo, because they drink a lot of "Moonshine"?
Runnin ridges with them little big noses is a real treat!
(glad your package of enery made it home!)
Charlie D
-----------------------
Gotta keep those coons outta tha water!!!

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(7/13/01 2:57:34 pm)
Different name, Your right about keeping them out of the water. I have seen a coon climb up on a dogs head many times. We always have at least two dogs along so it has never been a problem because the other dog will always pull it down. But I have been one foot in the drink several times ready to go to the rescue. That danged little beagle will jump into the water every time. I wish I had some of that moonshine. She sounds just like one of the bigger hounds when she is on the trail. Must scare them bunnies half to death.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.