The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
41,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this picture over in the "What have you bought in the past 48 hours" thread but just had to post it again. I have been wanting one of these since the first time I saw a picture. I did some trading and finally have one of my own that I can fondle.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
That is beautiful! Did 76Highboy spill fingernail polish on it?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Congrats George. I know youve been wanting one for awhile. I try and keep the colored dots on all of my rugers as long as possible lol

·
Super Moderator
41,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Beth, it is Stainless Steel.

What is the purpose of the Purple dot?? I thought maybe Highboy worked for Ruger and that was his final inspection mark, you know, from his fingernail polish collection.

PS: I went to the range this morning and then picked this up on the way home. I won't get a chance to fire it until next Wednesday. I loaded up some 185 grain, 200 grain, and 230 grain ammo so I will be testing what it likes best.

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
George I hope you like your new Ruger SR1911 as much as I like mine. Going to the range today and taking it along. I have a bunch of odds and ends of reloads so going to just shoot them up and get that Ruger all smokey.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats on your new acquisition. I love mine. Only problem is now I have to start looking for the new Ruger SR1911CMD. These things are like potato chips, can't stop at just one

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sweet looking Ruger SR1911. Ruger did an excellent job on these, and I'm especially fond of their Commander offering of this model .. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts