The Firearms Forum banner

Another Ammo seller that doesn't read regulations.

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  gvw3 
#1 ·
I just won an auction for some 8mm Turkish ammo. I am in the city of Santa Monica, an independent city west of Los Angeles incorporated in 1886. You can look it up on Wikipedia. The seller, "SWFGA", very correctly, listed cities he could not ship to, including Los Angeles. When I asked for an invoice, he replied "Yes, you have won our auction. But it seems you did not pay attention to the restrictions. Santa Monica is part of the greater Los Angeles metro area. We can not ship to that area."

A Los Angeles city ordinance requires all ammo sales within city boundaries to be over the counter. But Los Angeles ordinances only apply in LA, not neighboring cities. Just like "dry" counties and "wet" counties.

SWFGA won't honor its sale not because I'm in Los Angeles, but because I'm close to Los Angeles. And they are snarky about it. Holy Cow!!
The business is listed on the auction site as "SWFGA" in Florida, and their e-mails refer to "Enterprise Florida"

#5 ·
Same issue where I live. I live 40 miles outside the city of Chicago but no one will send me any ammo. They tell me any area code with a the 1st to letters start in 60XXX. This is not true. It is legal to ship me ammo but no one will do it.

#7 ·
Is a foid card a Chicago thing or all of IL? I know Huffman Estates is the only cabelas that I know of that restricts access to their used long guns
Its all of Illinois. I live just a few miles from that Cabelas. They just moved these guns into the closed off area. I ask them why and they said people were messing up the guns. I didn't buy that. I think its to comply with the FOID card. We have had the FOID since the early 70's. They don't register guns but they do all gun owners. It's good for 10 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.