Another good shooting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin T, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

I have to tell you, carjacking in New Mexico and Arizona is just plain outright stupid. Both states have open carry without a permit, or concealed carry.

In New Mexico, you can carry concealed without a permit while in your vehicle as it is a conveyance of your home, and the rest of the state with the penalty of usually a petty misdemeanor.

I bet this 'lady' doesn't ever do that again! ;):D

--------------------------------------------------------

Tucson Region
    Man shoots woman, foils carjacking, police say

By Alexis Huicochea and Jamar Younger Arizona Daily Star
    Tucson, Arizona | Published: 04.24.2009

A woman who tried to carjack a man at gunpoint outside a North Side Walgreens early Thursday was shot and wounded by the man, police said.

The man called police around 12:30 a.m. to report he had just shot one of two women who tried to take his car as he waited in the pharmacy drive-through near East Grant and North Swan roads, said Sgt. Fabian Pacheco, a Tucson Police Department spokesman.

Pacheco gave this account:

The 26-year-old man, whose name was not released, had just left Tucson Medical Center and went to fill a prescription.

When he drove back to the drugstore to check on his prescription, two women came up to his car. One was armed with a gun.

The woman tried to shoot the man, but he pulled his own gun while she was trying to pull the trigger. Her gun didn't fire for an unknown reason.

The man fired his gun twice. One shot grazed her head, and the other struck her in the shoulder.

The woman fell to the ground, and the man took her gun away.

He drove away and called police from a convenience store at East Pima Street and North Craycroft Road.

The wounded woman, whose name was not released, was found at the Walgreens. She was taken to a hospital, where she remained Thursday night.

The suspect is expected to recover and will face charges upon her release from the hospital. The other woman was found a short distance away. She will not face any charges, Pacheco said.

2. durk

durk Active Member

Why not??:confused:

3. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Ya, that is exactly what I thought too Durk. She should be!!!!

4. artabr

artabr New Member

They need to charge both women!!

Thats one of the good things about Louisiana. In 1997 we passed the first "Shoot the carjacker" law in the country.

A added plus is the fact that the A.C.L.U. and the New York Times went apoplectic over it as can be seen in the link below. Something tells me that the Times was and is kinda gunophobic. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/08/31/w...-just-assume-it-s-a-gun-in-their-pockets.html

"IN Louisiana, if a person tries to steal another person's car while that person is sitting in it, then the driver has the legal right to pull a pistol, squirrel gun or assault rifle and shoot the suspected carjacker in any part of the anatomy he can hit, by chance or skill.

Or at least a person can blaze away in the suspected carjacker's general vicinity, safe in the knowledge that in Louisiana -- as long as the bullets do not kill a dog walker or passing nun or otherwise innocent bystander -- no one will be prosecuted for defending life and automobile.

A new state law guarantees it................"

Ooh. We struck a nerve. :rolleyes: :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Art

5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

SCREW the NY Times and the horse they rode in on!!!

6. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

These stories need to be seen by a broader audience. We all know that self defense is the way to go but sadly many have bought into the only the cops should have guns agenda.

7. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I get that feeling this man will be in some trouble for shooting a woman. Isn't that the way the sexist laws work in this country? If it were a woman shooting a man, no one would give it a second thought I bet.

8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

The really sad thing is that most cops, at least around here, are very pro-gun. Every cop to whom I've spoken about civilian ownership of firearms and concealed carry has been all in favor of citizens owning and carrying.

9. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Best news I've seen today, except the one woman won't be charged. That's BS..:(

10. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Here too but the unions and mayors are not.

11. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Why isn't the prosecuter out of a job for deriliction of duty? I could understand it in Memphis or Chicago where the perp. is most likely related to the prosecutor but Tucson? Funny how feminism is always the answer except where some responsibility is involved.

12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Seems to me that the cops know something that the politicians don't...namely that civilian gun ownership is a very good way to help stop crime.

13. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

Not all cops feel that way. It forces them to make split second decisions about good guy/bad guy. They would rather have gun = bad guy.

Dale

14. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Maybe he could work on better placement.

15. whitemach

whitemach New Member

should charge both women with armed robbery!!:mad: