Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Another H&R Sportsman Pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by McNamara, Feb 22, 2016.

1. McNamara

McNamara New Member

Got this from my stepmom, in trade for a .38. She states it was her grandfathers pistol, then handed down to her mom. Had quite a bit of surface rust that I am working on getting taken care of. slow process. Wanting to know the year made on it.
    1. Has the firing pin built into hammer
    2. Has the cylinder release on left side. Button push
    3. Double action engraved on barrel.
    4. Has the adjustment screw on front sight, just above the business end of the pistol. Pinned at back.
    5. 107 stamped on inside of cylinder head.
    6. See pics for SN. H&R Sportsman 001.JPG H&R Sportsman 007.JPG H&R Sportsman 011.JPG H&R Sportsman 012.JPG

2. McNamara

McNamara New Member

Here are a few more pics.
    ] H&R Sportsman 008.JPG H&R Sportsman 010.JPG H&R Sportsman 013.JPG

Attached Files:

3. knight0334

knight0334 Active Member

I highly suspect it to be a 6th Variation because address being on the right side of the barrel. Production era would be 1937 to 1939.

McNamara likes this.
  4. McNamara

McNamara New Member

Excellent. Thanks so much for the information. Just trying to get an idea on the age.

5. PBking51

PBking51 New Member

I believe I have the same model/variation. Unfortunately for me, I am missing a cylinder :( Any chance you could pop out the cylinder and snag a few pictures of the end that faces the forcing cone, and the ejector?

McNamara likes this.
  6. McNamara

McNamara New Member

yeah, give me another day to get that done. I will try to post pictures by tomorrow evening.

7. PBking51

PBking51 New Member

8. McNamara

McNamara New Member

I think these were the shots you were looking for? I took a few extras just in case. If they are not right let me know and I will retake.

HR Cylinder 001.JPG HR Cylinder 002.JPG HR Cylinder 003.JPG HR Cylinder 004.JPG HR Cylinder 007.JPG

9. PBking51

PBking51 New Member

I appreciate the pictures. I am currently returning a cylinder and barrel for a later variation that did fit, however the retaining clip was unable to reach the groove inside the cylinder to keep it locked in. I have no idea exactly what I need but this does help. Hopefully I can find one in my travels but its a shame because this version seems to have a very smooth action and trigger compared to my later model that is as near mint as there is.

McNamara likes this.
  10. PBking51

PBking51 New Member

Actually can I get a pic of the side profile of the cylinder out otlf the gun? I'm pretty sure I see a way to tell that model from other cylinders.