Another Innocent Person Framed by the JBT's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

AntiqueDr
    (9/9/01 9:54:10 am)
    Another Innocent Person Framed by the JBT's
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Trenton, GA - On Friday, August 31, 2001, a Federal search warrant was executed at 2762 Brow Road, Trenton, Georgia. Approximately 1000 lbs of explosives were recovered pursuant to the execution of the search warrant.

Jerry Lamar Jenkins II, 32 years old, of 2762 Brow Road was arrested by Special Agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) Chattanooga Field Office for receiving and possessing stolen explosive materials, being a convicted felon in possession of explosive materials and theft of explosives which have moved in interstate commerce.

The search warrant was executed by ATF Special Agents and Explosive Enforcement Officers, Chattanooga Police Department Bomb Squad, Dade County Georgia Sheriff's Department, Georgia Bureau of Investigation Bomb Squad, and the United States Marshal's Service. An ATF trained explosives canine and handler assigned to the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department also assisted in the search. The United States Attorney's office, Chattanooga Division has also played an integral role throughout the investigation of the theft.

The explosives recovered were reported stolen on Tuesday, March 27, 2001, when representatives of the Wright Brothers Construction Company discovered the theft from their business located at 500 Birmingham Highway, Chattanooga, Tennessee. ATF Special Agents from the Chattanooga Field Office and Investigators from the Chattanooga Police Department have conducted a joint investigation since the theft was reported. Dade County Georgia Sheriff's Department subsequently joined the investigation. During the course of this theft, a 1989 Chevrolet, 4X4, Pick-up Truck was also stolen. This truck was subsequently recovered in May of 2001, however no explosives were located at that time.

Jim Cavanaugh, ATF Special Agent in Charge of the Nashville Field Division, commented "This has been an intense investigation by all agencies involved since the theft. We are relieved by the fact that the majority of the stolen explosives have been recovered. The public can expect an intense investigation by ATF and fellow law enforcement agencies in any bomb or explosives incident."

Jenkins is in the custody of the United States Marshal's Service and appeared before United States Magistrate Carter in Chattanooga on Friday August 31, 2001. A detention hearing has been scheduled for Thursday September 7, at 3:30 PM. Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA) Jeffrey Theodore of the Knoxville US Attorney's office for the Eastern Judicial District of Tennessee is prosecuting this case.

hammer4nc
    (9/9/01 11:36:01 am)
    Re: Another Innocent Person Framed by the JBT's
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Antiquedr,

I guess your point is that, if ATF makes one good arrest of a bad guy, all their actions are somehow above criticism? Please provide a link where someone was unfairly criticizing agency actions on this case, and the (sarcastic) title for this thread would make more sense. Thanks.

It's interesting that you would hold up agent Jim Cavanaugh as the poster child for the ATF integrity. Unless I'm mistaken, he was directing the initial Waco siege form the undercover farmhouse down the road, and was one of the first to talk to Koresh on the phone that day. Wasn't he the person who "assured" Koresh that the two Bell Rangers, and the UH-60 blackhawk circling overhead had "no guns" on board, as bullets were raining down on the house through the sheetrock? Ooops, he meant "no mounted machineguns", an honest mistake, I guess you'd say.

I'll join you in giving the ATF credit for the case you posted. Good job!

Quite a few folks have a picture of the ATF as a rogue agency, pursuing a gun-confiscation agenda, and racking up a record of lies, evidence tampering, and worse, in the process. Apparently you think this is an unfair characterization? Something we could discuss, I guess.

Robert Harden
    (9/9/01 11:58:49 am)
    I think we need to take a closer look at this one, something here stinks.

Living Life as a K-9 Officer / EagleWolf Forum

Discussion topics about Law Enforcement and anything related

- Everyone welcome.

AntiqueDr
    9/9/01 12:00:19 pm)
    Nope, my point is precisely the opposite. Thanks for making it for me.

Why do you think there are no threads criticizing this particular incident? Easy. For one, everything went right therefore it's not news. And two, because everything went right it doesn't fit into the carefully constructed picture some would like to paint.

And that is why the title of the thread makes sense.

AGunguy
    (9/9/01 12:16:00 pm)
    You mean all my rantings about the JBTs was for naught? That somehow I was totally wrong in my assumption that they were a rogue agency?

Hanging my head in shame. How could I have over stepped the boundry of decency of such sterling brave individuals as those fine federal men. Excuse me a minute here, there's someone at the front door, there's someone at the back door, there's some throwing a flash bag into my living room...

Note: Internet concection has been broken, check your ISP server and pray to God...you're gonna need it.

warpig883
    (9/9/01 1:00:32 pm)
    I think I'll stay out of this one. It is a never ending arguement.

Agunguy-Try wrapping your phone line in tinfoil. Makes your connection inpervious to anything.

AGunguy
    (9/9/01 1:09:33 pm)
    This is Gunguy speaking in spiritual form, I am in a flying disk above the planet earth viewing what's left of my house that was burnt to the ground. The wife is outside of the yard beating a JBT senseless with a ballbat. Uh, now they got her under control, tasers from many directions have dropped her. She was in the middle of making cookies when this warrant search started. Seems one of my neighbors didn't like the fact that I hadn't cut my lawn in several weeks, so he reported to the feds that I was raising a horrindous amount of grass over at my place. Naturally this turns into a Nark misinformation bust, but who cares...look at all the fun and practice the feds had.

And yes I am now wearing a tin foil hat.

bondai
    (9/9/01 1:29:33 pm)
    Robert, I thought you dropped off the planet. Haven't heard from you in a couple of days. There wasn't any shooting this time because someone did their homework and the LEO's used their heads. Besides there were explosives involved, they didn't want to blow themselves up by shooting up a cache of dynamite...

LIKTOSHOOT
    9/9/01 5:44:02 pm)
    Well, ain`t this special......Rah!-Rah!...sis-boom-ba!!!!

Lets see, stolen March 27 2001
    Warrant issued August 31 2001

Guess all those pounds of explosive`s were not that important, unlike a couple of "stockpiles" of weapons,
    that had to be quashed within 48hrs.

I would like to hear some of those stories about the BATF
    forcing dealers (FFL) to give up their FFL`s by intimidation.
    Certainly, there good guys..........RIGHT?????

Xracer
    (9/9/01 6:57:56 pm)
    Doc, this whole thing is a frame-up.....it was only 997 lb.

Robert Harden
    (9/10/01 6:33:35 pm)
    Hey Bondai.......I've been laying low, letting the smoke clear.

That picture you had was the exact weapon I used just recently on a little ol gray haired lady, who stopped across the white line in a crosswalk. You give these people an inch, they go a mile, and eventually we got to set an example and "smoke" one.

Living Life as a K-9 Officer / EagleWolf Forum

Discussion topics about Law Enforcement and anything related

- Everyone welcome.

bondai
    (9/10/01 10:50:46 pm)
    Next time just use your night stick, the one with the extra large "sweet spot" Just check your six for video cameras first...

"The Death Penalty does nothing to deter crime...It does however solve the repeat offender problem"...

kdubaz
    (9/11/01 12:00:14 am)
    Say, Bondai -

I'll agree with the 2nd part of your signature!!
    Keep below the ridgeline!

AGunguy
    (9/11/01 6:27:25 am)
    Was watching the History Channel last night, they were featuring the Dade County Miami Swat Team. Of course the inferences was about busting dope trafficking, but the same type of JBTs paramilitary ninjas in their Nomex black masked individuals were all ball busting type badasses.

Showed how they trained and some of the weapons they used, how they are a tight clique that even hang together after hours swilling confiscated Bob's Best, (just beers) which tells me they don't have much in common with ordinary citizen people. Thus, the them against us mentallity is prevalent.

You could also sense the pride of superior authority and power they had busting down the baddies doors. The only thing they didn't show was lobbing in the tear gas fire bombs and flash bags. Guess they didn't have any sets they could burn down. They also didn't show any K-9 action but I'm sure they got 'em.

I still say we sure as hell don't need this kind of select bad ass groupies, brain washed to the point they can do no wrong because they are a special fraternity.

Some of it might be OK if it only effected crimes of fellons and dope traffickers, but too many times the innocent get clobberd and that's what fires my distrust that such agencies can be so damn mean and stupid to hurt or kill the innocent.
    Shite happens all to offten.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.