The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It has night sights and uses the standard 1911 mags. I love the Nitron finish too. I think this is number 11 or 12 or something, I forget.

I personally don't understand why this gun came with 8 round mags with huge rubber base pads. I mean, why would you go to the trouble of making the frame a round butt design and then add a huge pad?!? :confused:

So I put some flush fitting 8 round Kimber Pro Tactical Mags with it and I was very happy to find out that it fits in the custom holster I had made for for my Springer CCO.

I can't wait to shoot it on Tuesday!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hate external extractors
I used to as well but I am starting to like external extractor 1911s more than the internal ones. They seem to mar the the rim of the brass less than an internal one.

·
Premium Member
12,996 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am not a huge proponent of the "Bob Tail" and have never had the urge to own one, but I must say that one does look good!

What exactly does Bob Tailing do for the user? Just curious, I know there is something to it, I am seeing more and more of it lately. Is it a printing issue, or something to do with clearing leather, or just cosmetic?

Anyway, nice gat, good shooting to you today, let us know how it went!

BTW, the holster looks to be all business! I like it!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not a huge proponent of the "Bob Tail" and have never had the urge to own one, but I must say that one does look good!

What exactly does Bob Tailing do for the user? Just curious, I know there is something to it, I am seeing more and more of it lately. Is it a printing issue, or something to do with clearing leather, or just cosmetic?

Anyway, nice gat, good shooting to you today, let us know how it went!

BTW, the holster looks to be all business! I like it!
Thanks and yea, its to reduce printing. Kind of like a round butt model 19 S&W vs. a square butt model 19.

I figured I have my Springer CCO with a commander slide on an officer's frame with a square butt and I have never owned a bobtail so, why not? :D

Also, I like the rounded profile of the SIG verses the sharp angles I have seen on guns from Dan Wesson and others.

Here's my Springer CCO:

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
I like the looks of the bob tail but don't know if they really serve any purpose:). The pads are for quick reloads, when you drop the magazine, it is to help to keep from damaging the magazine when it hits the ground, the other reason is to help seat the magazine when doing a fast reload., the pad rest against your palm when shoving it upward. Of course that is what I've been told, since I don't practice any fast pistolero reloads, don't know if that is true or not. I alway figure that at the end of 8 rounds, if I haven't done my job properly, a reload isn't going to help.:D

·
Premium Member
12,996 Posts
What is with the danasoft photo posted with this thread?
Dont worry, that IP address tracker only shows you your own IP address and nobody else. You can go to that site and download one of those trackers yourself...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is with the danasoft photo posted with this thread?
Its a joke. It only reflects your own data back to you. I can't see anything but my own data as well. A friend on this forum actually send me the link.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks and yea, its to reduce printing. Kind of like a round butt model 19 S&W vs. a square butt model 19.

I figured I have my Springer CCO with a commander slide on an officer's frame with a square butt and I have never owned a bobtail so, why not? :D

Also, I like the rounded profile of the SIG verses the sharp angles I have seen on guns from Dan Wesson and others.

Here's my Springer CCO:

That Springer is my kind of "Mohaska"! Very nice!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
First up is the Nightmare!

I went through 560 rounds straight with the new SIG 1911. I fired 500 filthy Remington UMCs to get it nice and dirty, then I fired 60 Hornady TAP 230gr XTP+P. I figured if it can shoot 60 +P hollow points in this filthy burning hot state then it will feed them anytime. Not a single jam, malfunction, or hiccup! I noticed how light the trigger was in the shop but at the range it is tooooo light. I had two double taps. When I got home I measured the trigger at 2.8lbs! I wound up getting so trigger happy with this gun that I threw three shots away.

This video is with 230 grain Hornady TAP XTP+P loads at a 4" Shoot-N-C after all 500 of those filthy UMC loads.

Look at the puffs of smoke in the video and the leftover UMC filth on the muzzle and slide. :eek:

VIDEO: .45 ACP SIG 1911 Bobtail Commander Nightmare

Here are seven mags. Shooting at 14 yards at an 8" Shoot-N-C; the first three are Hornady Zombie-maxx (aka Critical Defense with a green insert) and the other 4 are S&B 124 grain FMJ. You see me load one round in a mag and chamber and then remove that mag and replace it with a full one. I did this because I had one extra Hornady round. Just in case you were curious. This range trip marks 1,600 jam free rounds. A fantastic little gun!

VIDEO: 9mm S&W M&P Shield: This range trip marks 1,600 jam free rounds

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.