The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But far from new. A Model 39A 3rd Model 1st Variation, 1947. Picked it up in a local buy for $200. She's cosmetically a little rough, but has shiney bore w/good rifling. And functions and shoot fine. Needs a buttplate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
I like it!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Better than a new one that's for sure.

And thank you for not sticking something through the trigger guard to make it stand up for the picture. I really do appreciate that!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Better than a new one that's for sure.

And thank you for not sticking something through the trigger guard to make it stand up for the picture. I really do appreciate that!
LOL. Not sure if that's sarcasm or not. But obviously photo journalism isn't my long suit. Can try to post better pics if you're interested.
Just got back from shooting it for 1st time. Wasn't as accurate as I had expected. But who knows when it was cleaned last. Seller said it had been a "Barn gun" used for critter control. Now that I know for sure it shoots, I'll clean it up good and oil it. Then see what it does.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
LOL. Not sure if that's sarcasm or not. But obviously photo journalism isn't my long suit. Can try to post better pics if you're interested.
Just got back from shooting it for 1st time. Wasn't as accurate as I had expected. But who knows when it was cleaned last. Seller said it had been a "Barn gun" used for critter control. Now that I know for sure it shoots, I'll clean it up good and oil it. Then see what it does.
No, no sarcasm, just a pet peeve of mine. I hate pictures with a screwdriver/marker/bullet/whatever stuck in the trigger guard of guns to make them stand up.

As far as accuracy, cleaning the bore good might help. Best bet would be to try different ammo, but you know that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts