Another Newbie

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Airborne1101, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Airborne1101

Airborne1101 New Member

Hello Everyone. I am new to reloading and have been doing homework for several months. I have studied here extensively as well as reading several books watching DVDs, Etc. I have gathered all of my equipment and supplies and am about to embark on the great journey. Wish me luck and please be patient, I'm sure I will have lots of questions.

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Airborne, welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will love the time you spend reloading. You will find that you will go buy another gun in a different caliber just so you can reload for it. Good luck and we will be patient, there seems to be a great bunch of folks lurking around in here.

3. Airborne1101

Airborne1101 New Member

Thanks, I am currently set up to handle 9mm, .40 s&w, & .45 acp in pistol and .270 & 30-06 in rifle. Got my eye on something light and fast. Possibly 22-250 or 25-06. Sometimes I get amazed at how some of the standard cartridges of today were at one time "wildcat" cartridges developed by reloaders that didn't like what was available. This is truly an inventive endeavor. My hat is off to you seasoned reloaders.

4. WomenofCaliber

WomenofCaliber New Member

Hello and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you!

5. RustyFN

RustyFN Member

Welcome Airborne. Sorry but you don't get off that easy. We need to know what equipment you bought.:D Any question you have ask, most people are very happy to help.
    Rusty

[​IMG]

6. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Since you are wanting to decide between 22-250 and 25-06, let me say I LOVE my 25-06! I built it for prairie dogs and shoot an 85 grain ballistic tip that is great for fighting the wind at ranges the 22-250 has trouble with. But you still get the "red mist"!

7. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Welcome to the forum Airborne..... are you/were you ? :)

8. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Welcome from this side of the pond, take the reloading slowly, one step at a time and it will be great fun. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
  9. olmossbak

olmossbak New Member

Welcome Airborne,

I have been reloading for about 25 years now and started just as you have. I still read a great deal and constantly remind myself to be deliberate even when doing something I have done hundreds of time.

I reload for about a dozen different calibers and still use my original RCBS single press. I have moved to an electronic dispensing scale mostly for my eyesight.

Good luck and enjoy.