The Firearms Forum banner

Another Range Report

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  JLA 
#1 ·
Well, I made it to the range this morning and I took 7 pistols. I did got fire all of them and I was glad when I cleaned the three I did shoot.

The first one I fired was the Dan Wesson .357, I put the 10 inch barrel on it and fired it at 50 yards. Once I got the sight adjusted it was shooting great. That thing is kinda ugly with that long barrel on it but it was busting the center of the target at 50 yards. The 1st picture is of the long barrel on it and then the 50 yard target after 88 rounds. I was getting rid of the ammo that the guy I bought it from gave me. I haven't seen that much smoke since I gave up smoking and the entire gun and my hands were filthy! It was some kind of 35 caliber rifle bullet loaded into ,38 special cases. He said that he used them for 200 yard steel pig shooting!

When I got rid of his ammo, I went to the Sig P238 and shot some of my 100 grain reloads. A picture of 7 yards and 25 yards with the little .380 Sig. When I started shooting my new Sig P-250 .45 ACP, the wind started blowing but I got off a few rounds at the 15 yard line. After a few minutes it was blowing so hard that I could not keep my targets in the stands so I gave up and came home.

Still, it was a great day at the range.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
George, that DW is a beast with that target barrel mounted. I like it, and it shoots damn fine to boot.

#9 ·
Don't know what load or bullet you were shooting but dirty or not it looked to me like it was doing just fine. If he was shooting and hitting steel pigs at 200 yards with it you might want to get his recipe and stock up on gun oil and brushes. :D

#14 ·
It is. A real handful with full power loads. But its suprisingly accurate for a snubby.

CV and I were hitting marshmallow peeps with it offhand at 25 yds at the TFF TEXAS meet. We were using handloads I loaded with 180 gr XTPs over 11.7 grains of Titegroup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.