The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaning off my work bench I found a very small pin of some kind in the area used to unpack the new Hornady LNL press, Hornady dies, RCBS bullet feeder, and Lee universal decapping die. I have no idea where it came from or if it is some part of the reloading equipment.

I would hate to have something screw up for lack of a small roll pin. So just thought I would post a picture and see if it rings a bell with anyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
It is a decapping pin, just have to look and see which of your die sets it goes to.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
If none of your sizing/decapping dies are missing that pin, it's probably a spare. I have had a couple of my Hornady die sets come with a spare pin in the box.

Look on page 8 of the die set pamphlet and you'll see an exploded drawing of all the parts for each die in your set.
PDF manual here if you don't have the paper version. http://www.hornady.com/support/downloads/users-manuals/current

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AH ha - that's it. It came from the 9mm die set. I looked at my 40 caliber set that is unopened and see a spare decapping pin is packaged with the Allen wrench they provide. I didn't see it when I opened the 9mm set.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.