The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fishing the other day and caught about two of these little guys. Have no idea other than hybrid sunfish of some kind. Fished all my life and I've never seen a purple fish in Kentucky. Maybe we could start a picture/discussion thread for cool fishing pictures.

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,735 Posts
I don't know if it is considered cool, but these things sure are good eating. Several weeks before this picture was taken, I caught 23 that weighed a total of 49 pounds. Farm pond in SW Ga.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Gotta love them specks! Not a recent picture, but I think it's a cool fish picture! My first big Red Fish.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Had to update so I went down to the pond, and caught a few bream. The pond is less than 50 yards form the house. Since I wasn't going to eat them at this time it was catch, and release. One of the better ones I caught today. I think I gave up because of all the little ones, but I did get 6, or 8, nice bream. Got to go get some larger poppers, maybe that will keep the little ones off the hook!

Attachments

·
Banned
10,196 Posts
Some of last weeks catch. We went out last Thursday and fished to Sunday off the coast.

We ended up with 220 specks for the weekend.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
The Red you have in the first pic is OK for eating, but those speckled trout are much better. That ole big un in my post wasn't good eating at all! Still, they are both members of the drum family.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
It's an old pic. But it's my 2nd favorite fish picture.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
This is from a few years back when I took my son fishing in the Åland islands between Finland and Sweden :) They were very close to being the largest rainbow trout ever caught in Finland.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
And here's my favorite fish pic.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,082 Posts
From the 70s, on the Suwannee River. Alligator Gar Fish. Big teefies.

Image (92).jpg

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
my most recent, this past chum salmon run on the river: rang in right at 15lbs, beautiful (and tasty) fish. They're ugly as far as salmon go, photo doesn't do them justice either. They were both chrome bright when we pulled them out.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
This is from a few years back when I took my son fishing in the Åland islands between Finland and Sweden :) They were very close to being the largest rainbow trout ever caught in Finland.
Are Rainbows in Finland not very common? Those are two nice males there n the picture. Close to the biggest ever caught???

·
Premium Member
19,866 Posts
They weren't biting here. :):):)

funny-fishing-1.jpg

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
Lot's of rainbow trout in Finland Junkking - the largest recorded one was a little over 13 lbs. Of those two, one of them weighed 11.5 lbs. What is unusual is to catch them in the sea instead of a lake. The Baltic has a very low salt content so you can get pretty much all the fresh water fish in the sea as well.

My son was thrilled. It was a company fishing trip and he won the weekend competition with those two fish - well over $300 worth of prizes. Not only that, those two fish won him my company's fishing club's annual prize as well since nobody caught more weight in trout total during the year that was more than those two fish :)

Not bad for a 10 year old! (Dad did have to help him reel the first one in though) ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts