any familiar with massachustetts gun laws?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cbrown, May 7, 2009.

1. cbrown

cbrown New Member

does anyone know the law on carrying a gun that is not registered in your name?

2. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

That is a good question ... I have seen people borrow a gun before to bring to the range.

I think your best bet to get a quick and accurate answer as MASS GUN LAWS are so dam confusing... send an email or call direct to GOAL : http://www.goal.org/index.htm

BTW I am always interested in meeting new shooters.. I live on the MA/NH Border if you ever feel like shooting let me know.

3. cbrown

cbrown New Member

WHERE ABOUSE DO YOU LIVE?

4. cbrown

cbrown New Member

Alot of people on a different forum say that it is a not a problem

5. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

It should not be a problem in my mind (i am not a lawyer) as long as your properly licensed.

I live in Haverhill, MA border of Plaistow, NH

6. Brian48

Brian48 New Member

A gun, by default, should be registered to you via FA-10 form or whatever form was used prior to '98 when you acquired it. That said, why not simply go through an FFL and get the form submitted and over with? If you have a valid LTC-A/B, you shouldn't have a problem getting this done.

If you got the gun from a 3rd party, you can still go through the FFL to do the transfer. The only requirement is that you must have valid LTC, the seller does not have to have one unless he/she wants to continue owning the gun.