The Firearms Forum banner

Any Randall fans, owners, experts here?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Infidel 
#1 · (Edited)
I am the proud owner of what I consider to be a one of a kind Randall .45.

I bought it from a consignment that was placed there by the original owner. It was bought new by him and immediately sent to the customizer who installed a beavertail safety, bobbed the hammer and put in an original Detonics bushingless bull barrel. It was also set up with a dual recoil spring to handle .45 super. Remove one spring and it will cycle any factory ammo. It also has a never seen before(by me anyway) rubber coated mainspring housing.

I have added Hogue grippers and a nice trigger. Its a super shooter and my favorite gun.

Any one else know about or own a Randall?

I have some literature that I would share that identifies models and numbers produced if anyone is interested.

Here's a pic of "Big R".

#2 ·
Shortly after they were introduced, I was shopping around for a pair of Randalls; a right and a left hand model. Was getting down to the wire the pair when I was sent overseas. A lost opportunity! Have seen a few at gun shows since then, but have not made a purchase. In my book case I still have a pristine copy of Guns and Ammo magazine's first report.

It is too bad your model was altered as prices on original Randalls are high. One of the 1911 forums has site dedicated to Randall and one of the members is a collector.

#3 · (Edited)
Tekarra,

I had another one, total factory, traded it off like an idiot!:(

It was about 90% and fetched about $750, the going price at the time, and to a collector. The average Joe would be hard pressed to pay that much for a stainless 1911, that old, given todays newer offerings.

I would love to have a Lemay and a LH and RH matching service models.

The alterations didn't hurt the value of mine though, it actually became rarer. Not only are Randalls not being made, niether is the original Detonics.

I have turned down every offer so far, and sometimes, they are really hard to turn down they have been so good.

Its not going anywhere though, its too good a shooter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.