The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen my 50 gr Vmax Hornadys at shops and at the gun show a few weekes ago and thought they were a little too high priced, soooooo....

Since I have to start replenishing the Swift ammo boxes for South Dakota I pull up Midway....and "Out of Stock, No Backorder.":eek::mad:

Then I notice virtually ALL .224 bullets from any manufacturer say the same thing!!!:confused::confused:

So I hit 3 shops I drive by in my travels where I saw them recently thinking I'll pick up all they have no matter what the price...and NOBODY has ANY .224 bullets!!!:eek:

One shop today had what looked like a new shipment of Bergers, with a few boxes in about 5 different weights, but I never shot Berger, and $27.99/100 seemed a little steep....

Yeah, later my buddy told me about how Berger used to own all the benchrest matches, but STILL, my Swift shoots the Vmaxs into 3/8" AND blows up P-dogs impressively and LAST year I paid $36/250!!!!

Do you think once the hysteria about AR Bans and Gun Control goes away it will come back to normal, or at least SANITY?????

· Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks John, I didn't know you could do that with Midway.

I still have about 300 or so Dogtown 50 gr sp left from my experiments last year, my Swift didn't like them as much as the Sierra Matchkings or the Vmax, but they were still shooting right around or just under an inch, but they did OK in my AR, just under 2" so that's what I load for it to use them up.

My AR is a 16" Hb Rock River tactical, the best I ever got with it was 1 1/2" with Black Hills so 2" I can live with.

Some guys have good luck with them though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.