Anybody have a ultra compact Kimber 9mm

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Pavetim, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Pavetim

Pavetim New Member

My wife fell in love with the 1911 and wants one to carry. She is looking at the Kimber amethyst ultra 2. Was just wondering it being such a small gun how is the recoil.

carver likes this.
  2. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Brother has the Springfield EMP (enhanced micro system). Very snappy recoil, but manageable and not as bad as you would think. They use dual springs with their guide rod which makes it very nice and controllable.

carver likes this.

3. Pavetim

Pavetim New Member

You know if the kimber uses dual springs. She is a newer gun owner so goes by looks too lol so trying to find happy medium she likes the kimber and sig Spartan but the sig is .45

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  4. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

No personal knowledge of these guns, but of the two reports I've read on them, both said they were/are uncomfortable to shoot because their diminutive size and weight enhances the recoil.

5. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

No I do not know, but I do know that if you buy your wife the gun she wants without shooting first that gun will become yours. My wife would not listen to me about the 642 airweight and much against my will she still bought it. She shot it once, than I bought a 9mm Walther ppq, has only shot it once and now carries a 38 Rossi revolver which is a heavy gun. People will never realize that going small is not always the right choice.

6. Clipper

Clipper Well-Known Member

I have a new Kimber Micro 9. Is this what you mean? Recoil is not that bad...trigger is very heavy...probably more than 12 pounds, I don't find it that hard, but I use two fingers when I have a heavy trigger..It may wear in after I shoot it a bit more, only put about 18 rounds through it so far...probably need to exercise it a few hundred rounds to help in the break-in.

7. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My nephew had one but he sold it. It would not cycle any hollow point self defence ammo. He could only shot ball ammo with it. I told him to send it to Kimber and they would fix it. He bought it for his wife and they broke up so he sold it anyway.

8. Pavetim

Pavetim New Member

I have decided on the Springfield emp. And yes i agree it may become mine but how do you shoot one before you buy it, sure as hell not around here.