Anybody knows a good Self Defense with guns book?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Pistol45, May 6, 2018.

1. Pistol45

Pistol45 New Member

I am looking for a good book in this subject. Can anybody recommend one?

2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

3. Pistol45

Pistol45 New Member

Thanks for answering me, but I have check Massad Ayoob books and they are very good explaining the laws but the one I found Pistol Personal Defense covers more material of self defense. It is sold in Amazon.

Alaska444 likes this.
  4. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Pretty open ended question. I would suggest taking a basic handgun course, defensive shotgun course, and basic defensive rifle course. I think hands on is better than a book and there are these basic courses all over. Used to be many videos on youtube but they may have been deleted.
    Just looked on youtube and there are still many videos available. Here is one I came across; not endorsing the guy or his methods:

5. Pistol45

Pistol45 New Member

Thanks Jedwil but I am not looking for something that elementary. The one I was talking about covers from elementary to advance. Check the Table of Contents. I showed to a guy that is in LE and he likes it a lot. I thought it would be nice to share it. I bet it was written by a guy that is in action and does not want people to know his identity.

6. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Good luck with your search. Gotta admit I have no clue what info you are seeking here.

Alaska444 likes this.
  7. Pistol45

Pistol45 New Member

Jedwil: What I was looking for and I have found it in the book Pistol Personal Defense is:
    1) How to clear a house
    2) How to operate in a low light enviroment
    3) How to fight multiple opponents
    4) etc
    If you read the Table of Components of the book - Pistol Personal Defense - you find so much material in a concise way, going straight to the point. Every body here should read it. Amazon sale it.