The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order for some muzzleloader bullets a few days ago after logging in to ammooutlet.com. They have not charged my debit card yet, but they have not responded to my emails either. Are they legit? I don't even see a phone number.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
never heard of them

·
Registered
875 Posts
I placed an order for some muzzleloader bullets a few days ago after logging in to ammooutlet.com. They have not charged my debit card yet, but they have not responded to my emails either. Are they legit? I don't even see a phone number.
Are they in the North East? Maybe the storm knocked them off temporarily?
You're right their web site gives no location or shipping info!:confused:

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
Information lookup on the web site says they're in West Palm Beach in Florida. You want a phone number?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can do a "Who is" search on the web and the following comes up:
Ahh.. Thank you! I am beginning to think that I never did give them debit card info. I was ordering something else from another site before I ordered from ammooutlet. Reason I think this is that I just created a dummy account and added something to the shopping cart. There is a tiny message that says invoice will be sent out to "my address". Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Muzzyhunter:

Been there, done that. When we get in a buying frenzy from several sources we can get confused about exactly what, when, and where we ordered. If I don't get an immediate email confirmation of an order I now do a screen capture of the order info and keep it until the email confirmation comes through.

But I still can get confused as I did recently when a product arrived and I thought it was a mistake. Apparently I forgot to do the screen capture. Eventually I remember that I had ordered it but it took several days before I remembered.

Getting old sure has its down side. :) :)

The "who is" feature of the internet is handy when you don't know who the seller is. With the address you can usually do a "Street View" on Goggle Maps and see if the facility is a garage or a real industrial building. But even that assures nothing. I recently bought from a supplier who sent the wrong thing and insisted I return it for a replacement. Then they claimed the returned item never arrived. As I did not send it with traceability (DUMB!) I lost my product and my money. You can never be too careful in ordering remotely on the internet. And if you return anything via the USPS always get a Confirmation of Delivery or equivalent and buy the insurance (which I did not in this case...you live and learn).

LDBennett

1 - 8 of 8 Posts