The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m warming up to the 92.. from the 1911. Something different I guess. Anyway.,, I like to here what ya’ll think of the 92A1 and the 92FS.. so far,, it’s a great shooter , and I like the way it looks. It’s hard braking the 1911 blood line of 49 years, but I did it,, so here I am me and my brand new Beretta 92fs,,🤠

·
Registered
8,378 Posts
The 92FS is a great shooting pistol. It is accurate, dependable and reliable. They were reasonably priced. I have always liked the 1911 pistols, and am a huge fan of the .45 ACP. Having said that, the 92FS in 9mm is more affordable to shoot, and the double action feature of the 92FS is a big advancement over the 1911. When I still owned firearms, the 92FS fit right in as a working gun on the farm. It even fitted my M7 shoulder holsters as perfectly as did the 1911A1 and was always instantly available for use.

Dopey is trying to help the anti-gunners in Congress pass his confiscation/registration scheme, and the 92FS is one of the potential victims - being able to accept magazines with an 'over 10 round' capacity. Chuckie Schuman and The Nance are chomping at the bit to get it done. Just sayin...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 92FS is a great shooting pistol. It is accurate, dependable and reliable. They were reasonably priced. I have always liked the 1911 pistols, and am a huge fan of the .45 ACP. Having said that, the 92FS in 9mm is more affordable to shoot, and the double action feature of the 92FS is a big advancement over the 1911. When I still owned firearms, the 92FS fit right in as a working gun on the farm. It even fitted my M7 shoulder holsters as perfectly as did the 1911A1 and was always instantly available for use.

Dopey is trying to help the anti-gunners in Congress pass his confiscation/registration scheme, and the 92FS is one of the potential victims - being able to accept magazines with an 'over 10 round' capacity. Chuckie Schuman and The Nance are chomping at the bit to get it done. Just sayin...
I wouldn’t fear that none,, there’s a article 5, convention of state, state Legislators vote to amend their constitution. We need to remember,, the states created the Federal government,, not the other way around.

·
Super Moderator
43,357 Posts
I bought my 92F, and eleven others, directly from Beretta back in about 1989-90. I have no idea how many rounds have been fired through that thing, but it is still as much fun to shoot and accurate as it was the first day I got it.

·
Premium Member
20,481 Posts
I really like my Barreta 92. I used to be able to get really good groups from it but not much anymore. My grandson was shooting it with me and for some reason, it no longer groups well. I will bring it to the TFF BBQ and get Gmoody to shot it and see what he thinks.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
The Beretta finish is prettier than the Taurus but the Taurus safety is on the frame instead of the slide which is what I like about it. The Taurus runs like a top.
That was the one thing I didn't like about the Taurus, I prefer the slide safety.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
It’s more a decocker ,, like a drop hammer safety. My 226 has that feature. The 92 AF is a thumb safety like the 1911. And it is also a drop hammer safety. Great combination.👍
It is still a safety. 100% personal preference, I just prefer the slide mounted safety.

Reactions: chaswea

·
Super Moderator
43,357 Posts
I went to visit my brother and his family a few months ago. He had asked me to come down (Florida) to go with his stepson to a gun show in Tallahassee to "help" him pick out a pistol to use in his security job. I took my 92F with me to show it to him and my grandson took his Sig P250, hoping to sell it to him. He liked the Beretta and said that is what he wanted. There were a few of them at the show but he just could not afford them, all of them were right at $700.

At one table, I saw what I thought was a Beretta 92 for $450 so I called step-nephew over to look at it. I figured at that price it was used, but it really looked good. I went on down the row and left him and my grandson looking at it. Later on we crossed paths again and I asked him what he thought of it and he said that he had bought it and would have to go to the gun shop on Tuesday to pick it up. I left on Sunday so I never got to really see it or shoot it. While driving home my grandson said something about the gun and ask me if I had ever heard of Girsan, my answer was no.

The gun he bought was a Beretta clone from Turkey - Girsan. I picked up that gun at the show and never looked at the name because to me it was a Beretta! I would have bet big money that it was a Beretta. Next time I go to visit, I am again going to take mine so I can compare these things side by side and, of course, I want to shoot his!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went to visit my brother and his family a few months ago. He had asked me to come down (Florida) to go with his stepson to a gun show in Tallahassee to "help" him pick out a pistol to use in his security job. I took my 92F with me to show it to him and my grandson took his Sig P250, hoping to sell it to him. He liked the Beretta and said that is what he wanted. There were a few of them at the show but he just could not afford them, all of them were right at $700.

At one table, I saw what I thought was a Beretta 92 for $450 so I called step-nephew over to look at it. I figured at that price it was used, but it really looked good. I went on down the row and left him and my grandson looking at it. Later on we crossed paths again and I asked him what he thought of it and he said that he had bought it and would have to go to the gun shop on Tuesday to pick it up. I left on Sunday so I never got to really see it or shoot it. While driving home my grandson said something about the gun and ask me if I had ever heard of Girsan, my answer was no.

The gun he bought was a Beretta clone from Turkey - Girsan. I picked up that gun at the show and never looked at the name because to me it was a Beretta! I would have bet big money that it was a Beretta. Next time I go to visit, I am again going to take mine so I can compare these things side by side and, of course, I want to shoot his!
Highly used by the Turkish military and Turkish law enforcement. Sounds like a good shooter.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts