Anyone belong to the Military Book Club? What's the catch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

johnfrommd
    (1/15/03 7:01:58 pm)
    Reply Anyone belong to the Military Book Club? What's the catch?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What's the catch with the Military Book Club? Do they send books automatically and you have to pay shipping to send them back? How much is their shipping and handling? Is this up front or a ripoff?

Thanks,

John from MD

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 7:17:16 pm)
    Reply Re: Anyone belong to the Military Book Club? What's the cat
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would think it is like any other book or record club. The y might send you a card as to what they will be sending and if you don't like the selection you send the card back by a certain date refusing it and they won't send it. You get the
    initial deal of 3,4,5, books, probably with a commitment of
    buying several books per year. I have been with book clubs
    before, i had no problems.

www.infowars.com

TYRANNY COMES FROM THE TOP DOWN!

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 8:31:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: Anyone belong to the Military Book Club? What's the cat
    I've been wondering that myself. I have their mailer laying on the kitchen table next to all my greasy gun parts. There's some cool books there, and it looks like the price would average out OK. You get the first 5 books for $1.99, then you have to buy 4 more at regular prices. Their regular prices range from $20 to $70, with most being in the $20-$30 range.

I see no mention of having to return cards within a certain time period. I made that mistake about 10 years ago with the damnable CD clubs. Won't do that again.

If this Military Book Club is truly what it says in the mailer, I'm probably going to join.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/15/03 9:34:06 pm)
    Re: Anyone belong to the Military Book Club? What's the cat
    I have been a member there for several years and it is just about as stated. After a while you can just order when you want or not without having to return any card. They offer some excellent titles and I have never been disatisfied in any way. Just about the biggest drawback would be the price.
    cointoss2

armedandsafe
    (1/15/03 11:00:18 pm)
    Reply Re: Anyone belong to the Military Book Club? What's the cat
    I belonged years ago, when I was researching a subject. I was pleased with the club and had good customer service when I needed it.

Armed and Safe - not just a theory

anchored
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 12:10:29 pm)
    Re: Anyone belong to the Military Book Club? What's the cat
    I'm a member, it's pretty straightforward, but very limited selection, IMHO. BUT, if you use their website, you can get books from other book clubs to fulfil you membership. Theprices aren't always the best, but sometimes they are. Overall, it's a pretty good deal. You don't even have to return the postcard if you use the website to decline the monthly selection. www.militarybookclub.com i think.

{ONE PARTICULAR HARBOUR}{Auction45}{Famous Flying Yen Shop}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.