Anyone Dealt w/Taurus Repair?

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by zant, Jul 15, 2019.

1. zant

zant Well-Known Member

Have a 709s that has to be sent back,absolutely nothing to do with Taurus:I have toxic body emissions and all the metal on the left side lower has rusted.I oiled this every day,did'nt matter.The slide release,safety,and takedown all work(look nasty),but the mag release is rusted and does'nt move.So called them up,nice guy telling me about them moving to Bainbridge,Ga,took my info,issued repair order#,etc,etc.So I'll send off tomorrow and see what happens.And yes I mean toxic-I don't spend $$ on fireant killer-just whizz on mounds-4hrs later-dead.......Guy said "you're right,in 4 yrs here,no one has ever had this problem"...First time dealing with Taurus on a (non?)warranty problem.When I had an SOT if you wanted to give yourself a migraine-you called H&K about a warranty problem,it was like telling a climate hysteric that there's no "global whatever".

drymag and shootbrownelk like this.
  2. Corvette95

Corvette95 Active Member

I have dealt with them them, complete nightmare.

3. mudman35962

mudman35962 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

over a year ago sent a pump rifle to service for very hard action. called after 6 weeks, got the old po,po, thing. e-mail was not working. at eight weeks was told it was being worked on. got it back three weeks after that. NO improvement to the hard action, every screw in the receiver was backed out two or more turns, the work order paper said "made ajustments".
    paid a local smith to "make ajustments", works OK now.
    i will not EVER buy anything made by taurus again.
    i kept this short for my own mental health.
    there service personal is made up of bricklayers amoung other things.

Corvette95 likes this.
  4. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Well-Known Member

1. My Taurus did not function correctly right out of the box, sent it in as requested by sweet talking lady. Taurus spent eight weeks on a shelf until I called and got “ yours is next in line” eight weeks for crying out loud! Received it back three weeks after, shop worn and still would not function correctly through a magazine of ammo. The Taurus went bye by and I will never own another.

5. Grizzly2

Grizzly2 Active Member

I bought a model 85 38 special back when they had a rebate and a good sale at Palmetto. I bought it because many said that was one gun they had a good reputation with. It shot about 3" left consistently - from the bench single action also at about 10 yards. When I called cs, I could not tell if it was worth even sending it in. She said it was close to in spec. Really? Then, since I'd waited over 90 days, I would have to pay shipping. With no confidence in what might happen I asked around locally. A sharp eyed smith noticed that the barrel was crooked, meaning the threads in the frame had been drilled at a slight angle and not square to the frame. I kept it for about a year altogether and pawned it along with its lifetime warranty. As things worked out, it only cost me $20 to play with it for a year.

A few months ago I took a peak on the Taurus forum. The complaints about customer service were frightening. I read the new CEO sent out a letter claiming that will all improve. That would be nice, but I've heard other new Taurus CEO's have said the same thing.

6. PRR1957

PRR1957 Well-Known Member

I have been considering a Taurus G2C pistol in 9mm, but with all the negative reviews of Taurus warranty, I’m not sure if I going to buy that gun even though the G2C has very positive reviews.

I can not understand how a company such as Taurus can stay in business with such a bad reputation regarding its warranty service, but then I watched a YouTube video yesterday of a review of the Taurus TX22 were the reviewer had been shooting the newest production CCI Stingers, and had a squib load, and not realizing it fired another round that bulged the barrel, of which the reviewer sent the gun back to Taurus who replaced the barrel for free even though it was evident that it was a fault with the CCI ammo. As a side note, the most disparaging thing, was that CCI claimed it was the guns fault. I ask the obvious, how can a gun creat a squid load ?!?! CCI is now a company that I feel I can no longer trust. ATK (Alliant Techsystems/Vista Outdoors) bought CCI, and apparently CCI’s QC has slipped by the way side.

Grizzly2 likes this.
  7. bumblebee

bumblebee Well-Known Member

I dealt with them once, which may be why I don't own Taurus anymore

shootbrownelk likes this.
  8. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

Never dealt with them have a 92FS I bought more than 35 years ago, she still works.

shootbrownelk likes this.
  9. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Well-Known Member

Can't be any worse than dealing with Remington.

ms6852 likes this.
  10. rawright54

rawright54 Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work Supporting Member

We deal with them all the time at the shop; terrible service. The usual wait time on the phone is in excess of 1 1/2 hours, and when we ask for parts, they're out. When we send the gun back to them, we might get it back in 6 months - or not. I'm guessing that their service department consists of one person who only works on odd Tuesdays, and can't understand a word of English. Buying a firearm solely on price - which is what many here do - is a lot like voting for leaders, solely on campaign promises.

ms6852 and CCHolderinMaine like this.
  11. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

Never had to deal with them. The closest thing that I have is from a sibling company, Rossi, which I've never had a problem with.

ms6852 likes this.