The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blue street ammo dot com popped up while I was doing my usual searches for primers. They have some pretty good prices on primers and 22 cal ammo (amount other things). Some stuff is right in line with other online prices but some was crazy good (in today's market anyhow). So I did a couple of searches on them and came up with nada. I hit the 'contact us' tab and google can't load the map.

I didn't order anything, seemed a little fishy to me but thought I'd ask if anyone here has had any experience with them??

·
Super Moderator
43,878 Posts
Never heard of them. I just now checked out their website and a couple of things didn't "feel" right. If you back out and then back in on the map that showed up, it shows Ontario, Canada, but the telephone area code shows up as Wisconsin. A good many of their "links" just takes you back to their home page. The top tab shows the name as Blue Stree (no T) ammo and not Blue Street. Just little things that make me a little leery of them.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never heard of them. I just now checked out their website and a couple of things didn't "feel" right. If you back out and then back in on the map that showed up, it shows Ontario, Canada, but the telephone area code shows up as Wisconsin. A good many of their "links" just takes you back to their home page. The top tab shows the name as Blue Stree (no T) ammo and not Blue Street. Just little things that make me a little leery of them.
The 'feel-right' test wasn't working for me either.

I'm a member of a few gun clubs. Each week our private web sites will get a new user who spans 'new' ammo and supply sights like this. They usually turn out to be scams.. Be careful.
Do you think it's scammers or the gov't doing some tracking of gun folks? Probably scammers

·
Registered
137 Posts
They claim to be affiliated with Northern Tool and Equipment of Burnsville, MN. , which is legitimate. I had on online chat with a rep at Northern, who confirmed it. But the whole Blue Street site screams Nigerian Prince to me. It was obviously set up by someone whose first language is other than English. I wouldn't do business with them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
But the whole Blue Street site screams Nigerian Prince to me. It was obviously set up by someone whose first language is other than English. I wouldn't do business with them.
DItto this.

I just looked at their site and it has all the warning 'signs' of a scam.

Simple 'rule of thumb' - if it is NOT one of the common, well known online retailers that you HAVE had, or know first hand of someone who has had positive experience with do NOT consider them at all!

·
Registered
18,594 Posts

Do you think it's scammers or the gov't doing some tracking of gun folks? Probably scammers
My guess is scam. One guy actually placed an order for primers.. they didn't want credit card.. wanted other thing slike venmo.. money orders.. paypal friends. guy did it.. as far as I know.. he lost the $$

·
Registered
421 Posts
One of the common, but not always noticed 'policies' for these questionable companies is the 'canceled/refused order restocking fee'.

One place I recently saw being discussed had a 30 % 'restocking fee' if the order was cancelled or refused by the buyer.

Ok, so they are advertising 10K primers for $1,100 with a two month waiting period.

So let's say you order, pay, then after the two month wait you 'eventually' remember your order, are frustrated or found primers elsewhere and decide to cancel and get hit for $330 ?

It's pretty easy to see where the 'scam' lies in this. The company is below. Review their 'return and cancelled order' policy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I searched out you guys (and registered) because 1) Blue Street claimed to have the Hornady .243 I want but sell it as "a box of 300". Not an even case... not 200 (ten boxes) not 500 or 1000, but 300. The equivalent of 15 boxes as they are usually retailed. 2) The price is lower than was "normal" before the ammo shortages. 3) The $250 min order...unusual...that's not, "min for free shipping..., that's $700. So, if they are gonna commit fraud, they wanna be paid well for it! I noted they spelling "Shot" shells as "Short" shells, so I agree with the poster who speculated the site is foreign built.

I didn't get to the point of "we only take payment by anonymous social media type means", as a reviewer above found, and I guess I won't, since the red flags are waving like a CCP parade!

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
I got the same odd 'feeling' recently about Royal Ammo. They also had 'restocking/refusal' fees! Didn't smell right.

·
Registered
1 Posts

One of the common, but not always noticed 'policies' for these questionable companies is the 'canceled/refused order restocking fee'.

One place I recently saw being discussed had a 30 % 'restocking fee' if the order was cancelled or refused by the buyer.

Ok, so they are advertising 10K primers for $1,100 with a two month waiting period.

So let's say you order, pay, then after the two month wait you 'eventually' remember your order, are frustrated or found primers elsewhere and decide to cancel and get hit for $330 ?

It's pretty easy to see where the 'scam' lies in this. The company is below. Review their 'return and cancelled order' policy.
I just ordered 300$ worth of
HORNADY - VARMINT EXPRESS AMMO 22 MAGNUM (WMR) 30GR V-MAX
They texted me and wanted me tp pay with Paypal, I said I would pay with credit card. They said that was not an option now. I said I would call in from number on website. They said I could do that. When I want on website, a map showed up when I hit, CONTACT US. I informed them of that and they said they were in WIS. I texted back and asked where is the number on the website? They texted back and said they are busy with other customers and I should cancel the order, I said NP, and wrote back CANCELLED. You decide!!!

Whats funny, no one else anywhere had this ammo...U decide....

Glad I found this site, helped me out!!!

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
As long as the ammo/component scare lasts - I advize NOT to go thru any 'new' company that you haven't dealt with before. The scammers are out in full force. If the 'big' established companies can't get it - how can the 'start-ups' get it? The thieves will take advantage of your panic. Be patient - this can't last forever.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Sounds like dealing with the new Amazon. If you order something that winds up being provided by a 3rd party (you never know) they won’t stand behind it if you don’t get your item. They tell you “work it out with them”.
It’s happened to me 3 times. True, it wasn’t much money, but that’s not the point.
Three strikes your out. I’ll NEVER will deal with Amazon again. Their the one I sent the money to.
It’s a CCP company now anyways IMO. They sure act it. Tree huggers!

·
Registered
511 Posts
As long as the ammo/component scare lasts - I advize NOT to go thru any 'new' company that you haven't dealt with before. The scammers are out in full force. If the 'big' established companies can't get it - how can the 'start-ups' get it? The thieves will take advantage of your panic. Be patient - this can't last forever.
No it won't last forever, just 3-1/2 years……

1 - 20 of 23 Posts