Anyone ever try.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

270abolt
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/03 7:46:54 pm)
    Reply Anyone ever try.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    one of those battery powered skeeter gizmos...suppose to make the sound of a dragonflies wing......repels skeeters for several foot radus around the thing....If this thing works I want several of them...... whatcha think.......

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/8/03 7:55:47 pm)
    Re: Anyone ever try.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Save your money.
    cointoss2

270abolt
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/03 8:03:20 pm)
    Reply Re: Anyone ever try.....
    come on ......... did ya try one before..........ya can tell us

If it did work it would be worth 100.00 to me.........

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/8/03 8:35:49 pm)
    You might as well try shooting them skeeters with your .270 for all the good it will do you.

I don't really know anyone who has tried that gizmo.

Please let me know if it works.

GG

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/8/03 8:49:54 pm)
    Cheaper to just scratch, use the money for beer...........

308bolt
    (1/8/03 9:10:26 pm)
    Battery powered skeeter chasers only work on
    battery powered skeeters.

SouthernMoss
    (1/8/03 9:50:00 pm)
    Don't know if it's the same gizmo that you are talking about, but I tried one several years ago that was about the size of a penlight, to be clipped on your belt. I think I got more bites while wearing it than I did without it.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/9/03 9:11:26 am)
    If you strap them all around your body. Like maybe a thousand of them. I think you can fly.
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/9/03 10:00:41 am)
    270., in the summer I live in skeeter heaven; think about the sound of millions of the critters buzzing all at once, and you will get an idea of what I am talking about. Try and remember back to the old Deep Woods Off commercial, where the fellow sticks his arm in an aquarium with 10,000 of the little biting buggers. Think of a state that actually was all swamp and the main inhabitants were the little blood sucking buzzards. Then add it all up when I say I stay on an island in the summer that has more swamp than land and as far as you can see is cane weed and bogs surrounded by miles of more swamp and weeds. Believe me I have seen everything used from foggers to repellant to the electronic gizmos and they don't work!
    cointoss2

inplanotx
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/9/03 10:53:04 am)
    Don't know about the skeeters, but a friend in AZ had gophers. He bought several of those electronic gopher chasers. They did work, every place he put one, the gophers dug a hole. Go figure!
    Improvise...Adapt...Overcome

270abolt
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/9/03 6:01:30 pm)
    cointoss....you described my yard to a tee............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.