G
#1 ·
cointoss 2
V.I.P. Member
(7/25/01 2:34:49 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All
ezSupporter
Anyone got a Tank
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously. I would like to own a tank, of course I realise that it would have to be de-milled, anyone got a tank? Sherman or WWll would be just fine. Has to have tracks any leads Kdub or Polish or anybody?
cointoss2

Xracer
(7/25/01 3:45:15 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Anyone got a Tank
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah, yes, I can see it now...........

"911? I parked my SUV outside the drugstore for only a minute or two, and when I came out somebody had crushed it!"

kdubaz
(7/25/01 5:52:58 pm)
Hey, X -

Actually saw that happen one time!!!

When in the 11th Armored Cav in the early 50's and acting as the aggressor forces against the 3rd Inf Div in field maneuvers down in southern Alabama. We were roaring thru this little wayside town and had to make a hard right at the main intersection. Was a machinegunner of a scout jeep that was following a light M41 tank. The driver of the tank turned a little too close to the corner and rode up over the trunk of a car parked at that corner, in front of a drugstore. He stopped and was sitting centered on the car, which was squished flat as a bug in the back with the front end raised off the ground. This lady came out of the store with some packages, saw her car with a tank parked on it, dropped the packages and her jaw! Her eyes looked like they were coming out of her head.

Our company commander had to be notified and he drove back to make out the report with the tank commander, the local police, the military police and the woman owner. Boy, was he pissed!! I shipped out a few months afterwards and the tank commander, driver and platoon leader were still making out paper!
Keep below the ridgeline!

cointoss 2
V.I.P. Member
(7/25/01 6:45:40 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Anyone got a Tank
Kdub, years ago in a parade in Detroit the local National Guard did the same thing only it was parked on the side of the parade route.
cointoss2

polishshooter
Senior Chief Moderator Staff
(7/26/01 12:24:57 am)
Believe it or not, there are no restictions on owning a Tank, and the guns of most WWII ones are C&R!

You just have to pay the $200 NFA tax and register it, but ALL of them could be shipped through the mails!

EVERY gun from say a M4A1, would be C&R, including the .50AA, the 75mm, and the coax and bog .30 cal Brownings...you do NOT have to have them deactivated unless you do not want to register and pay the NFA tax like other class 3 stuff...

Actually, I want to someday own an M3 Stuart, but would settle for an M5...

There's dealers listed in the SGN, believe it or not, also!

And Interordnance sometimes lists GERMAN stuff, like Half-tracks and Kettenkrads.

Speaking of the CR/NFA stuff, that's how I always answer the anti-gun jerks who in an argument use the "Do you think anyone should be alloowed to own a BAZOOKA?"

They get like bugeyed when you casually answer, "Well, actually, anybody CAN! AND have it shipped through the mail!"
Eibar Pimp. "Pssst! 'Ay Meester..."

Mesen
V.I.P. Member
(7/26/01 9:24:35 am)
there's a guy in Rolla, MO that has a lot of mil surplus vehicles for sale duece an a halfs, ducks, gamma goats, etc. don't know if he has any tanks but he might know where to scare one up his name is Warren Dean phone # 573-364-2539
IF YOU VALUE YOUR FREEDOM, THANK A VET!

Xracer
(7/26/01 10:34:30 am)
....and they ALL come with a "lovely brown patina!

Sorry Polish.....the devil made me do that!

Bob In St Louis
(7/26/01 6:43:49 pm)
A friend of mine here in St. Louis owns a Stuart tank. He got it from a guy in Wisconsin that was going through a divorce and needed to liquidate his collection.
Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

the real fredneck
V.I.P. Member
(7/28/01 4:46:20 pm)
Found this one for sale

low mileage, transfer eligible, a steal at only $80,000 also
found a M-48 Walker Bulldog for sale in Texas for $30,000

Edited by: the real fredneck at: 7/29/01 9:04:00 am

polishshooter
(7/29/01 11:21:18 am)
The best deals on the market is still the T-34 and T-55 models, you can buy them just about anywhere for $20-$30K, but the shipping and import taxes will KILL you to bring them here...

But there are TONS of them all over the world, and most of them are for sale now, it's a buyers market...

I'm wondering when Century Arms International is going to get into vehicles...

the real fredneck
V.I.P. Member
(7/29/01 11:58:38 am)
Polishshooter
Can you IMAGINE what Century's C&R vehicles would be like?

polishshooter
(7/29/01 6:02:25 pm)
Yeah, but maybe they would sell the good ones to SOG or AIM like they do their guns and I could drive it home and save the S/H...

kdubaz
(7/29/01 10:02:03 pm)
Naw, somebody would just steal it out of your driveway, Polish!

polishshooter
(7/30/01 1:56:18 pm)
Not if I took out the "usual suspect's" houses with some direct fire 85mm HE first...

Spanish Cruffler
(7/30/01 3:36:37 pm)
Just get a Yugo, wrap it in aluminum foil, bust out the windshield, and hang an ol' Blunderbus out the front end ---

Urban Polish Tank

kdubaz
(7/30/01 4:51:09 pm)
Don't forget the polish sasauge has to be in the glove box!

Hey, instead of a blunderbuss, Mikey can use his Win Mod '97 (18" bbl, takedown model, with lovely brown patina coloring) and mount it thru the busted out windshield!

polishshooter
(7/30/01 9:27:55 pm)
HEY did you see the new SGN with the add for the Sharps repros in .45-70? One of the finishes you can get it in is "Brown Patina..."

Maybe I SHOULD go into the refinishin' business...

I'll call mine 'Unintentional Matte Brown," "Also available in Satin..."

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.