The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figures!, I get everything I need to start reloading and even as of last week I could still get 380 bullets from a few places and I should have bought but thought I would wait a week to save up a little to buy in bulk....that didnt work so well,lol I have been on line for 2 days looking for these damn things!

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
With the run on anything - especially military caliber stuff - because of Obozo, now is not a great time to find components to fit a .380. The .355 diameter puts you in competition with folks reloading for 9mm Luger.

One way around it is to cast your own. Problem is that bullet casting is an entire hobby in it's own. I don't have a clue how long this current frenzie will last, but you could start off with a simple Lee bullet mould (they are fairly inexpensive aluminum, heat up easy and have handles already on them), a .355 diameter sizer for the cast bullets and a melting pot/furnace and ladel. Then it's only a matter of scrounging lead to melt for your bullets. I used discarded wheel wieghts when I started. Two things to consider - 1.) the bullets will be inexpensive, and 2.) you will never have to rely on an outside source for your bullets anymore. Just a thought.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Midway has some. 95 gr though. Dont know what weight you are looking for.

Here is a link:Midway

Also, as many places are taking a while to ship, Midway has been able to get my last 2 orders out inside of 2 days.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Yep, just like John said, Midway. I just ordered 500 Rem. 95 gr. fmj, $77.99, for some paper punching with mouse guns. I didn't look for availability of hollow points or any other configuration.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks John! I swear, I looked there at least a few times....it all gets confusing after looking at 200 web sites. Just ordered 1k rounds, wish I could do about 10k more,lol. Actually looking into casting my own, I have plenty of places to get lead from. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
34,376 Posts
Thanks John! I swear, I looked there at least a few times....it all gets confusing after looking at 200 web sites. Just ordered 1k rounds, wish I could do about 10k more,lol. Actually looking into casting my own, I have plenty of places to get lead from. Thanks again.
When you look on Midway for bullets, and they are out, look to see when they expect to get more. They will give you a date. Then order what you want, and in a few weeks they will notify you that the bullets are in. But, only if you are neer the top of the list that have ordered a back order item.

·
Registered
453 Posts
No problem. You are most likely right, they did not have any in stock when you looked last, but they got some in and changed the status on the website.

I still like to use the "Notify Me" function that midway has along with a few of the other sites out there. Keeps me from having to constantly monitor the sites to see if something is in stock yet.

I'm glad you were able to place your order. If they get your order out like they did mine, I'll bet you will get a shipping confirmation by Wednesday.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No problem. You are most likely right, they did not have any in stock when you looked last, but they got some in and changed the status on the website.

I still like to use the "Notify Me" function that midway has along with a few of the other sites out there. Keeps me from having to constantly monitor the sites to see if something is in stock yet.

I'm glad you were able to place your order. If they get your order out like they did mine, I'll bet you will get a shipping confirmation by Wednesday.
Lol, truth be told, I found some cast bullets for 1/3 the cost. I went to cancel the order this morning....the guy said they have already been shipped and I should see them in 3 days!!!!!!!! Now thats fast. I hated to spend the extra money but I guess its money well spent down the road. I'm done spending money for a while! Luckily my Wife is into guns and she sees a bigger picture coming so all is good. This puts me around my 5k rounds of 380, now just have to start building up my 40 and looking into reloading 12ga. Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts