The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am.

I just got through pulling down 80) 22-250 that I discovered I loaded .030 too short. I guess I had a brain dead moment and adjusted the seating die too much. They were supposed to be 2.060 cbto but ended up 2.030 cbto.

I discovered it after a range trip yesterday. I couldn't shoot a sub moa group to save my life and this gun is usually a 1/2 moa gun easily. Got home and started checking the rest of what I had loaded and found my mistake. OOPS!!!

It is amazing how just any small amount can throw it off so badly.

·
Super Moderator
40,054 Posts
I'm not doing any right now, you never know when I get a "wild hair" and run out a load a few. Yesterday, about this time, I went out and loaded twenty .50 Beowulfs. It's not like I have a shortage of stuff that needs reloading!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I really want to tonight. Just cleaned up 7 qts of cleaned .45acp brass off the kitchen table that I had drying. Still have to put my FA wet tumbler away and the p38 and p51 can openers I just bought. And do the dishes and some laundry before the wife gets home tomorrow from visiting her parents... I did leave the lights on in my reloading room, and I'm all set up for the rest of the 115gn fmj 9mm that have been mocking me from my bench. I better stop typing and get on those dishes!

·
Premium Member
12,333 Posts
Not today, did a few 45 Colt last night. This young fella I've been...mentoring...in the finer points of handloading gave me 10 rounds of 45 Colt loaded with 6.2 grs. of Tite Group. Doggone things shot good in my Freedom Arms. Just what I'd been looking for, for that revolver. Lightish load that is accurate. Yesterday we had to be in Jeff. City....again….so I picked up a pound, sized a few bullets and loaded them yesterday afternoon when we got home. I might try them yet today, if not, tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
I need to, but it's too hot in my shop. maybe oer the weekend, we are supposed to get a cool off for a few days. I need to start on some .270 for a new rifle I acquired while I was away from TFF.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Almost done loading 9mm-124gr...a lb of Titegroup-however many that is,then I'll load a lb of CFE Pistol worth....using up my single lb containers.......I load at least 50-100 .300Wh every day,do them by hand for suppressed so I never get ahead.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,707 Posts
I have some .357's, .223's, and .45-70's to load. But our ranges are still in semi-lockdown. The club issued a 6-page set of preliminary instructions on how to use the ranges safely. Ranges and golf courses are now open with restrictions.

I think I'm going to wait and see how things shake out over the next few weeks.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have some .357's, .223's, and .45-70's to load. But our ranges are still in semi-lockdown. The club issued a 6-page set of preliminary instructions on how to use the ranges safely. Ranges and golf courses are now open with restrictions.

I think I'm going to wait and see how things shake out over the next few weeks.

Luckily, my gun club never closed. They did stop matches for a while but they started back up this month. Maybe yours will get back to normal soon. I would be upset if I couldn't go shoot.

·
Registered
241 Posts
My outdoor range closed, however my indoor range stayed open.( Bucks county PA) The difference between the two is that the indoor has a large retail section as opposed to the outdoor range which has none. My outdoor range has changed from a public to private range during all of this. Just got an email from them that they have opened again! My sister gave me an early birthday gift and got me a membership! Can't wait to get back to see those guys ( have been a patron for 19years) and stretch some rounds out to 100 yrds!

·
TFF Chaplain
19,707 Posts
Back to the reloading...I will get to it some of these times.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Just got through casting a couple hundred 230 grain 30 caliber bullets and a couple hundred 102 grain 9mm (for 380 Auto).

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I'm having problems loading .300 Savage for my new-to-me model 99. OAL isn't consistent. Still using the same LEE dies I bought 20 plus years ago. Going to try giving them a good cleaning, if that doesn't work, I guess it's time for new ones.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm having problems loading .300 Savage for my new-to-me model 99. OAL isn't consistent. Still using the same LEE dies I bought 20 plus years ago. Going to try giving them a good cleaning, if that doesn't work, I guess it's time for new ones.
How much difference are you talking about? Are you measuring to the tip of the bullet or to the ogive?
If measuring to the tip, they will not be the same as the tips of bullets can vary a good bit.

1 - 20 of 323 Posts