The Firearms Forum banner

201 - 220 of 239 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Just did a couple magazines worth of these. 45 acp.
View attachment 232360
200 grn LRN over 6.1 grn of Win WSF powder. Seated to an overall length of 1.200. The cast bullets are actually for a 44 revolver but they drop at .452. Figure there's no sense in wasting them, might as well see what they do. They're a 2 lube groove bullet that I pan lubed. I'll let y'all know how it goes......... I hope.
what are you feeding a .44 [430] to fatten it to a .452? i know i am missing something here, what? help a poor old man here please.

rick

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
308 Winchester.
PPU, cases, pre primed.
175gr SMK, Moly coated.
A2520/150 loaded.
N140/200 loaded.
H414/100 loaded.
TAC/100 loaded.

Loading for a friend to sell. The moly coated bullets are messy to handle, but I have disposable gloves to ware.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
I'm still waiting on the exterminator to finish dealing with the hornet's that built a nest under my reloading shed porch floor. I got stung some last week and it ain't fun, my left ankle was swollen up for days. Nasty little territorial buggers. He's supposed to be coming back when it warms up a bit (we got 12+ inches of snow earlier) and he'll finish them off I guess.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I think I need a 38 Special. It’s about time. If only there was ammo
Its a great plinker round, my wife loves shooting the mild loads I put together out of her Smith 642 with the Hogue Tamer grips, she can burn thru 100 rds with no issues. That's saying a lot for that little light weight snubbie.

38's are pretty much all I shoot out of my 357 revolvers and my lever guns as well, its cheap to reload for if you use cast bullets.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Its a great plinker round, my wife loves shooting the mild loads I put together out of her Smith 642 with the Hogue Tamer grips, she can burn thru 100 rds with no issues. That's saying a lot for that little light weight snubbie.

38's are pretty much all I shoot out of my 357 revolvers and my lever guns as well, its cheap to reload for if you use cast bullets.
tell me ah all of us that "that little light weight snuddie" is the gun.

rick

·
Premium Member
11,167 Posts
Loaded a box of 20, 8 x 65R Brenneke to finish sighting in the Vierordt double rifle's scope. Between doctor's, errands, putting together the bagger for a new riding mower and fall yard work, the rifles and cars are feeling neglected.

I finally loaded some 250 gr. jacketed bullets I swaged for my S&W 696 and put them to the test. I was impressed. Five rounds in 1.5 in., DA, offhand at 12.5 yards. Cut the bullseye out. I'll probably never do that again...:(

·
Registered
406 Posts
Resized 1000 - 300 Ham’r new cases, chamfered and deburred about 500 last night. Also cleaned primer pockets in about 80 - 243 Win cases, and about 90 6.5 CM cases, then sonic cleaned them, and dried them in my wife’s oven...

·
Registered
282 Posts
I finally got all my reloading stuff back together after two miserable moves. Some of it was old when I got it, and it's older, now, so I'm loading the oldest components first, for range work. I'll slowly replace with fresher stuff as and when available.

I've loaded up enough .45 ACP to keep an M3 "Grease Gun" chattering for 10 minutes straight (give or take). Next move will be to load up enough .38 Spl. & .357 Magnum, to keep THOSE firearms chugging for a somewhat longer interval.

Then, there's the pound of 2400 and the cast .324" 205 gr cast RN projectiles that need to be loaded up and run through my Vz24 8mm...

·
Banned
13 Posts
Got up ~7am, decapped 300+ .223/5.56 cases range finds and started tumbling. Loaded 280 of same rounds and started another ammo can for finished ammo. Put tumbled cases in dryer. Cleaned up bench. Great way to start a Saturday! Weapons cleaning this afternoon!

·
Premium Member
11,167 Posts
Loaded 53 long range freedom seeds aka .300 Win Mag View attachment 234994
Now THAT'S a cartridge!! One my all time favorites.

Finally got some of the Woodleigh, 196 gr., .318, round nose pdk told me about a month ago. I'll load them soon and see how they shoot.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,853 Posts
201 - 220 of 239 Posts