Anyone reloading today?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by SeeMor Guns, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Larry Isaacs

Larry Isaacs Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Everything will work out as GOD plans it. Mayo will do all that is possible to help with my minor problems. At this age, things happen, but I will run it to the finish line. Thanks for your comment.

Larry

2. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Here ya go.

3. Wild Turkey Cogburn

Wild Turkey Cogburn Well-Known Member

That looks familiar, mad

I spent an hour digging through, trying to find a set of S&W grips, aguy had asked about. I had listed them for sale, a while back. Set up my new bench and now I can't remember where I put them.

BlackEagle and howlnmad like this.
  4. Larry Isaacs

Larry Isaacs Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Damn, HM, don't you know you are never to mix Red and Green together on the same bench!
    This photo may cost you a few Trophy Points.
    Thanks for posting this makes me think we could be twin brothers from different mothers.

Larry

howlnmad and joe45c like this.
  5. mikld

mikld Well-Known Member

Well, I've been thinkin' about some primed, nickel plated 45 ACP cases that need the addition of some Bullseye and some 230 gr. Hi Tek coated TC bullets. But I'd have to get up and walk all the way out to my shop. Maybe one more cup of coffee first...

6. pdkfishing

pdkfishing Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Working on a rook/garden/parlor/saloon/gallery load for 22 K Hornet. Goal is something that more or less duplicates standard 22 LR velocity and noise levels. Would appreciate any suggestions.

sharps4590 likes this.
  7. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Been reloading some 9mm 121 grain cast to break-in my nephew's new carry pistol. Also a few .303 British to put back into the 'stash supply. As I write this during the China Crud Pandemic all bullets, primers and powder are scarce. The Brain Dead Zombies have stripped the stores in a panic AGAIN.

C'mon, Folks! Buy this stuff as you need it, but quit hoarding and panic buying. You fall into the same stupid trap every 4 years. Build yourself a sane/sensible stash for SHTF (don't burn it up!) and a reasonable "To Play With" stash. That way we ALL would always have enough ammo all of the time.

Of course the 'Soccer Moms' who hate firearms and don't shoot will still grub thru the ammo section to 'Scalp' ammo for resale at insane prices in times like this.:mad: Good thing is they don't reload. Bad thing is that some who do reload hoard supplies when it starts to get scarce - burn it up like a reenactment of Gettysburg when the dust settles and the scarce is over - then wait till it gets scarce again and repeat the process... Good Grief.:duh:

Suicide*Ride, Gudaki, mikld and 2 others like this.
  8. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

Yep...I was going to procrastinate too, but decided to put it off until tomorrow!!:rolleyes:

JRK57, Gudaki, mikld and 3 others like this.
  9. Wild Turkey Cogburn

Wild Turkey Cogburn Well-Known Member

Trail Boss

I loaded some .223 brass with Unique and a 45gr WMRF bullet. It is halfway between a WMRF and a Hornet. Scope is 100 yard zeroed with 62gr .223, shoots dead on @50 and is perfect for squirrels, and critters up to 50#. Very quiet, too.

10. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

Anymore Trail Boss is the first one that comes to mind when reduced loads are mentioned. pdk, I'd think there would have to be a Unique load with a filler that would meet your needs, or Re-7. Those are the first two I'd look at besides Trail Boss. I don't know if I have any data whatsoever for a K-Hornet other than COTW but I'll check.

I swaged 50 .429 bullets but can't seem to find the gumption to load them. That and I can't decide what powder I'd like to try. IMR-4227 didn't work out very good with the last ones. I'm still not convinced this swaging is any better, if as good, for handguns as is casting bullets. Haven't tried any rifle bullets yet, trying to decide which caliber to buy. A set of 30 cal. dies came with all the stuff but I don't shoot anything 30 cal. Other than that, waiting on 200, 90 gr., .312 bullets to arrive to run through the 1889 Marlin in 32-20. That and replacing the rear, flexible brake line to the rear brakes on my MG-B.

11. SeeMor Guns

SeeMor Guns Well-Known Member

Just got done loading 250 rounds of 9mm for my USPSA match tomorrow.

BlackEagle and Larry Isaacs like this.
  12. SLICE

SLICE Well-Known Member

the hurricane was suppose to bring me a dark cloudy rainy day.
    i said i will spend sunday reloading.
    there is not a cloud in the sky, it's bright and sunny o_O.
    i'll still spent the day reloading .38 spl :D

JRK57, jim brady, BlackEagle and 2 others like this.
  13. SLICE

SLICE Well-Known Member

reloaded 189 .38 spl,,, why 189 because 11 cases split all nickle plated.
    so now i went through all my brass and got rid of all the nickle plated ones

sharps4590 and BlackEagle like this.
  14. Gudaki

Gudaki Well-Known Member

Loaded a couple hundred 308 with 150 grain fmj's. Range fodder.

15. jonb32248

jonb32248 Well-Known Member