Anyone seen 7.62x54r ammo around lately?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

mauserman454
    (6/10/02 1:23:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Anyone seen 7.62x54r ammo around lately?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    anyone notice that lately it seems that it is becoming more scarce for the cheap mil sup. ball in the 440 round spam cans. I used to buy a 440 round can for $39.99 at a local army and navy store. Also used to see it at the gunshows a lot. Now I can't even find cheap stuff in the shotgun news. Sure I could buy more expensive Sellier and Bellot, or Wolf Soft Point, or even Winchester USA brand now, but I like to blast bowling pins and other junk with the cheap mil sup. ball ammo.

I gotta keep these Nagants fed... They're getting hungry...

skratch
    (6/10/02 3:20:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Anyone seen 7.62x54r ammo around lately?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The latest flyer, #135, from SOG shows it for 46.20 per 440 rd tin or 880 rds for 85.80. Then there would be shipping charges too.

gwitness
    (6/11/02 12:23:07 am)
    Century has both 340rd and 440 rd tins of Albanian x54r, for about $34, and $44. per tin. I just got 2 tins of it, not real good looking stuff, but my M44's like it and my 91/59 loves it.

mauserman454
    (6/11/02 7:12:11 am)
    thanks for the info guys, I havent got the latest SOG flyer yet, mine is still number 134,mail is slow around here. I will call and order today with the info you gave me.

a81492
    (6/11/02 1:33:05 pm)
    mm454,

Yep, it's 'round, but them SOG SOB's have been subbin' qty's & config's lately. Friendly alert.
    Aaaaand ....

When y'all get a chance, please wander back on over to Tech & foller up on my post regarding Barrel Hardness. Ya remember, under Steel Jackets & Bore Damage ??

Dyslexic Clothing:
    Steel Jackets,
    Fur-Toed Boots.
    The Haberdashery from Hell

best,
    joey

stan741
    (6/12/02 12:30:02 pm)
    I just ordered 880 rounds from J&G Sales.Got it in 4 days.Albanian,1989.Shoots excellent.Price is right in line with every other supplier.Great people to deal with.
    The more I listen, the more I hear......and vice versa.

TDlefty
    (6/16/02 9:06:25 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del SOG has them advertised, but doesn't have them! n/t
    n/t

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 12:42:05 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: SOG has them advertised, but doesn't have them! n/t
    AIM has both ALbanian and Russian in their latest flyer if I remember right, I was going to go over there and pick some up soon, I'm running low on that good Albanian myself.

About all I see at shows lately is that Czech Silvertip stuff, I bought about 120 rounds or so to try out, and as much as I hate most green lacquer steel stuff, it didn't seem like it was on there too thick, and it shoots well from my 44s and 91/30s, I just don't shoot it if the chamber is really hot, and not much at a time...
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"