Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how to they compair?

i just got the front sight dove tail reinstalled on my 5mm rem mag.. ( it vanished setting in the gun safe ? or i lost it putting it up years ago last time i shot it and didn't notice when stuffing it into the range bag ).. anywho.. found a sight blade to fit at a show and got it in the other day.. was gonna go out and shoot it.. and the nagging thought of 17hmr popped into my head again ( i have been thinking of target rifles lately.. 222 rem, 218 bee, etc.. )

·
Registered
2 Posts
I shoot all the hyper rim fire rifles. I have a Magnum Research 22 mag that loves Federal 50 gr JHP. I have an Anshutz 17 mac II and also a Remington in this caliber. I have a Ruger in 17 HMR and 17 WSM plus a Savage in 17 WSM. The 17 WSM is by far the fastest and most lethal on prairie dog size critters, the 17 HMR is more accurate than the 22 Mag but the 22 Mag shoots a heavier bullet that’s death on snared or trapped hogs. Both my 17 Mac II guns are 100 yard squirrel killers. I actually have about 40 boxes of original Remington 5mm Magnum ammo!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.