The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks decently chep at 21$ a pound.. cheaper on sale at some places?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Ramshot used to be a really great value, TAC is my lastest to go powder for 223, 62gr loads. I seem to be finding Ramshot product priced similar to the others now a days with little savings to be had over others.

·
Super Moderator
41,418 Posts
Is it a pound or 8 ounces. Some powder companies are getting sneaky and only putting half a pound of powder in a jug that looks like it will hold a pound.

·
Banned
2,751 Posts
Is it a pound or 8 ounces. Some powder companies are getting sneaky and only putting half a pound of powder in a jug that looks like it will hold a pound.
It's a pound. Nothing "Sneaky" about the 8,9 and 14 oz jugs. It's about bulk density, certainly not to be deceitful or sneaky. Reading the label is always a good thing anyway.

Tac is good stuff, very popular with the AR guys in 223/5.56 and 308/7.62. Meters like water.

On sale now at Midway for $16.99/LB

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2182230803/ramshot-tac-smokeless-powder

·
Registered
71 Posts
24 grains under a 55 gr hornady or midsouth bullet for my ar--- works well- 1/2 moa. Been thinking of trying hodgdons cfe223 though, might be cleaner. Its worth the savings of $4 a pound for sure. Natchez and midsouth sell it in 8# kegs for $130 i think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts