The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
32,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a High Standard AR-15 M4 with a scope and had a problem chambering a round due to the scopes low profile on the flat top receiver.

I bought a Badger Ordnance Tacticle Charge Latch.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/71...ical-charging-handle-latch-ar-15-lr-308-matte

I took about two minutes to change.

Remove the charge handle.
Drift out the pin making sure to capture the spring ( you don't want that flying across the room) w/1/16" punch
Positioning the new latch
Drive the roll pin back in place.

It works great. Much easier to chamber a round without having to reach under the scope.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Good advice Sam, I have one on one of my ARs too...

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
I have one on my AR too Sam. You mention not loosing the spring when you drift out the pin. Mine flew across the living room into dark color deep shag carpet but my wife found it. :D

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
I put a 110BA bolt handle on my assault weapon.. Waaaay easier to manipulate. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had one of those on my previous AR and it worked great but after a while I noticed the side of the charging handle assembly was starting to show some wear and gouging. I think what was happening was all the force was being put to one side of the t-shaped handle and it causes it to flex a little and rub on one side versus pulling straight out. Might have been just me experiencing this but keep an eye out and see if maybe you notice something similar?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts