The Firearms Forum banner

ar-15 lower receiver

6K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  JLA 
#1 ·
Hey guys i had my ATF appointment today which went well and i believe will be getting our 07 mfg license.

My Plan: have my logo and biz name stamped on the lower.

Question: What companies will make me a stripped lower reciever stamped with my logo and serial numbers???

Also anything else i need to know?

Thanks,
Zkovach

#2 ·
Congrats Z. Not many folks go where youre goin in the firearms biz. Best of luck to ya and let me know if i can do anything to help.

#5 ·
Also, I gleaned this from another site. May prove a good starting point.

There are currently FOUR manufacturers that produce the majority of lower receivers for the AR market. MMS, CMT, LMT and LAR receive orders from many licensed manufacturers who obtain an ATF variance to have them cut and logo receivers on their behalf. JVP and Superior Arms cut for a couple of different companies as well
Time to make some phone calls.

#9 ·
There are only about 6 big producers of lowers. Any of them will do this for you but all have min orders. If your getting a 07 why not just do them yourself?

#11 ·
We're just starting out and won't take a loan. Gonna start slow and build the company
Good luck my friend. Thats the same way I went about doing things. To be honest it suck at first bc the cash flow isn't there. All your revenue goes to equipment but as things move along its gets better and you don't have that giant loan and commitment always over your head.

#15 ·
Good luck my friend. Thats the same way I went about doing things. To be honest it suck at first bc the cash flow isn't there. All your revenue goes to equipment but as things move along its gets better and you don't have that giant loan and commitment always over your head.
spot the hell on bro!

#17 ·
That would be cool. Im tell'n ya call DGW they are happy to do it. The only thing they will place on it is a serial number then the rest is your design. You can't beat their volume pricing either.

#19 ·
Realistically Z. How many TFFers need to line up for a lower to make it happen? Im dead serious about buying one.

#20 ·
Realistically Z. How many TFFers need to line up for a lower to make it happen? Im dead serious about buying one.
I'd put in for a TFF marked lower too.
Even if the quantities don't show up for a custom TFF-marked run, keep us posted on what they're gonna sell for.

Good luck with your venture!
I still miss working for myself, running my repair shop, but I can't beat the paycheck and benefits working for someone else too.

#23 ·
cool keep me posted. i have been contemplating another AR so this is perfect timing.

#24 ·
Do like I do Binder.. BOTH. :eek:
Ohh...I still do some repair work on my days off when I'm not helping out at the farm.
Other than the lack of money in the bank, I miss doing my own thing daily though. In particular I really miss doing service calls.

I'll talk to the guys there and get some pricing.I won't have my ffl for approx 3 weeks but I'll. CHeck regardless.
:thumbsup:
Reading this thread just put me over the edge on deciding if I wanted to attempt my first build.

#26 ·
Dgw is very busy right now, who would have thought with the election coming. There have a 50 minimum order right now which I could not do financially. This is for setting up a special tff run. I'd suggest maybe getting a lower and having an engraver do it at this point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.