The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you buy an AR now and then they ban it is that person still allowed to shoot the AR?

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Depends on the ban. The current proposed federal ban would indeed allow you to keep your "grandfathered" AR.

For now...

They'll confiscate it later.

·
Banned
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so u can keep it and shoot it as long as u bought it before ban (if they do ban)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
There's a word for this. Incrementalism. The libs propose some off the wall crap they know will never pass, then 'compromise' on something slightly less onerous. You're still getting screwed.

·
Banned
2,751 Posts
Depends on the Ban. The new State laws being proposed in Washington, Colorado, Minnesota etc. say maybe. Depends on where you want to shoot it, depends on if you comply and pay a fee/tax to own it, depends on if you register it, depends on if you allow LEO to enter your home and search it without a Warrant, depends on if you can find a 7 round mag for it, etc.etc.etc.

In the end, NO, you will not be able to use/shoot it unless you are shooting it to defend the Constitution and Illegal Search and Seizure.

·
Banned
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they reason i am asking is because the guy i work with just bought one and i asked him if there was a ban if he could still shoot it and he said he did not know?

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
With some of the crap some of the states are proposing, if they pass what's being proposed you'd have to turn it in within 90 days or get it out of their state.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts