The Firearms Forum banner

AR help appreciated

867 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  ms6852 
#1 ·
I haven't owned an AR for over 30 years. It was a SP-1. I recently did a little horse trading and ended up with this one. It's a Colt M4, the box says LE6920. Surprisingly (to me anyway) there are no front or rear sites. Any idea why? I'm sure they can be bought and installed, but I can't imagine it being built this way. I don't think I'll keep it, but assume it might be worth a little more with front and rear sights on it.

Thanks for you input and advice. JR

See less See more
#3 ·
Ah yes, the Colt law enforcement model. There are a lot of options you could add to that. Front and rear sights are available, a carry handle could be added, a red dot or some other optic. Maybe a too mounted optic with 45* sights. A light or laser. Way to many options.

#4 ·
This gun is in the class of "Flat top" or "Optics Ready"
this makes it more valuable to most people because of the versatility.

If you had a fixed front post site, then IF you wanted to add a scope you would have to raise it up higher to avoid the shadow/interference you might get from the front site being in the line of sight.

BUIS, or "Back Up Iron Sights" is the quickest way to install a mil spec sighting system
Many good USA made options out there. Midwest Industries, Troy, Bravo Co, just to name a few. Heck, CDNN, has Chinese knock offs that, while basic, do work decently enough.

For %80 of the buyers out there, the flat top is more desirable.

Like what was mentioned above, if you are going to sell it, don't put any sights on it first, you won't likley get your money back on them. If someone is looking for a flat top, you have what they need. Let them get their own sights.

#6 ·
I'm an idiot. I've been sitting here trying to figure out what those pieces are below the gun. Until I blew it up and realized that it was info that's been blacked out. Doh.

#12 ·
I would not make the effort in purchasing BUIS (back up iron sights) just as a selling point. If you buy iron sights the buyer might not like the brand you picked, if you get the good kind like troy sights for example the buyer might not want to pay the extra $200 dollars you will tack on to the rifle. The rifle will sell itself as it stands. My offer is $500 firm:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.