The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several weeks ago a mail order firm in Miami was selling Colt AR's for $1050. Yesterday, same gun, same dealer, $2250! WTF!

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
it is called supply and demand or free marketing
if you had the chance to buy one at the lower price, you should have.
you should know by now THAT NOTHING ever lowers in price

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Supposedly its supply and demand that is driving the prices right now....due to fears that there is a ban coming. I think it is more about greedy price gougers. IMO the prices will drop again.......just wait and use a different seller when that time comes.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
In the fall of 1993 right after the "AWB" was passed I was working part time in a gun shop. We sold out of AR's and every "high capacity" handgun in the store. One of the guys I worked with had his AR at the store for some reason so just for fun he made a large tag with "$2500" on it and hung it on his very used Colt AR. He put it on a hanger on the front of the rifle racks and we all just laughed at him. He wasn't really serious about selling it at that price, just playing around.

Not ten minutes went by until a guy walked in saw the AR and it's large price and said "I'll take it".

The next day all the other guys brought in their AR's and sold them all at high prices. I kept mine.

Supply and demand...

A few months later new AR's were back to more "normal" pricing with a few things missing from them but the "pre-ban" AR's were still selling much higher than before the ban. I don't think it will go the same way this time.

I just don't understand how so many people didn't see this coming.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Several weeks ago a mail order firm in Miami was selling Colt AR's for $1050. Yesterday, same gun, same dealer, $2250! WTF!
Give it a couple/few months. That $2250 will be cheap! :eek:

·
Premium Member
19,865 Posts
If this all blows over and the liberals don't get there way I think the price will fall maybe lower than they were before. I personally saw people buying as many as they could get as an investment. They don't want them. They will never even use them. They will flood the market and the price will fall.

I know there is little chance of this happening but you never know.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well with how many gun shops are ordering as many as they can, and putting whatever price on them, the price will surely fall if they are not banned altogether.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Walked into a LGS yesterday and they had 6 ARs on the wall with a sign saying "Ask for market price". Didn't bother, just left.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Bought my first Colt A2 pre ban for $440 in late 80's. With first AWB, prices went to $1900 but supply in pipeline never ran out over 10 year period. When AWB sunset prices dropped back down to $1200 where they have remained. Only new ARs I want are all in $2500 range anyway, light weight 308s and other calibers; they won't change all that much anyway. I really enjoy hunting with ARs; everybody should start hunting with them; making them more socially acceptable to the left that think that's what guns are only used for.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Ask for market price?? Really? Sounds like a fish special at a restaurant.

Current prices are in such flux due to panic buying that the seller can ask whatever he wants and probably get it; complete sellers market.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Those ar's sell for more than a m1a. I really want one, but the price is steep. Fact is, none of these prices will come back down. So, I am sticking with c&r firearms.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, but you have to like that dealer's promo at $2500-- Assuming you have to be 21 or older in that State to buy such a weapon -- some Wild Turkey (either 86 or 101 proof will do) for Free- WTF-- with each $2500 puchase- shoot, might be enough to get me to to give up Gentleman Jack- and I can always use another M-16, right?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I was at my LGS last night and they had 2 SCAR .223 priced at $3000, they'll probably sell them this weekend.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
HEY! You mean like this? It's going to auction next week.

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0113-142833&entryRow=76&lottype=&startRow=61

I enjoy my hot rods AND my guns! :) I was helping some friends to add to their inventory before the BS started. I was just surprised at how fast and how high the prices went. Then there's the ammo issue. Sportman's Guide, Cheaper Than Dirt and most others have little or nothing left in stock and expected deliveries of new inventory is mid to late 2013!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Saw an AR at a nearby gun show yesterday for $3500! And, it was the ONLY one there. War profiteers! Actually, ALL prices were significantly jacked up....

·
Registered
396 Posts
We will see what Joe comes up with. I plan on going to a gun show this next week end and take one of my AR's and carry it around. I will not give it away. Plan to make a big profit if someone wants it bad enough. Taxes coming up i have to pay.
$70,000 for a car i could never drive in a snow storm!!!
Nice car. I ony have a 84 Ram street rod truck myself. Stored now for winter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts