The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all! Long time gun owner, but never really been into modifying them but I do want to start. The platform I had in mind was a Springfield Saint Victor AR Pistol because I am in the market for an AR pistol that I can conceal in a bookbag, and the price on that for the quality is very reasonable (if they can be found).

I went to countless gun stores, and no luck on that front but it's usually a pain to get a gun with the election so close, so fingers crossed that I get lucky some time soon. But on to the topic, I have a few things in mind; nothing crazy, but a brace my buddy told me about I had some questions about, the Gear head Tailhook brace. I went to their website, and it doesn't specify if it comes with the bracket to make it foldable, any info would be great on what bracket I would need as a foldable brace is a pretty big must if I wish to keep it in a bookbag, or any advice on the platform/ brace I should look into would be great.

Thank you!

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
A folding stock would require a piston gas...or one of the $$$$$$ folders made for gas guns-they get loose and suck if you use them a lot.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Here is a folding stock adapter that works with a regular carbine buffer tube. My understanding is that a pistol buffer tube is dimensionally the same as a carbine tube, it's just smooth and round on the outside. Pistol braces need the pistol buffer tube.
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-parts/stock-hardware/adapter/ar-15-m16-gen3-m-folding-stock-adapter-prod71553.aspx?cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-IR-_-60594&utm_content=60594&aid=420441&utm_source=ir&utm_campaign=itwine&utm_medium=affiliate&source=ir&clickid=3mjXdAXb1xyOWjLwUx0Mo3bxUkiX9dRUKTeoTQ0
I think there are others out there, this is just the first one I found. The firearm should not be fired while folded, I think the bcg could/would come out if fired while folded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts