The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first post on this forum - apologies if this inquiry would be better suited in the pistol forum

I've been researching all that has been happening with the ATF and the Pistol brace topic.. Sounds like the discussion is far from over..

Long in short is that I'm looking at getting a Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW, but a concern I have is that this may be the wrong time to buy such a pistol due to all of the turmoil surrounding the brace. I would hate to spend the money on the pistol, only to find out later that I have to remove the brace and/or register it with the ATF.

Another thought I have is this - if I were to hold off, it is hard to tell whether or not this style pistol will even be available come February. That or if it is available, the prices will have gone up considerably.

Any thoughts are welcome of course, I'm just trying to determine if I should take the chance and buy or to hold off.
Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
39,828 Posts
One of our other members just started a thread that might answer your question. Here is a link to that thread:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Bite the bullet and pay the $200 tax for a SBR. If you don't think that the NSA doesn't already know you have guns, you are naive.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Also Brother, check out the PLR 16, i discussed in that other thread and the subsequent photo. You might consider one of those. Mine, is a very nice set up. (Flying under the radar?)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
According to these websites, if you get a C&R license, you can buy an SBR in Illinois.
Revised: Are SBR’s legal in Illinois?
From what I gather, the law is poorly written, they tried to make it legal to own a C&R SBR, but the law as written exempts C&R license holders from the law forbidding SBR's. I am not a lawyer, so please do your own research.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts