AR Style Rifles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Casey, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Casey

Casey Member

Anyone know where all the AR's have gone??? I just have a hard time believing each and every AR rifle from EVERY maker got bought up by us. No mags either. I have a Remington R-25 on order right now but nobody knows when it will be available. I want to get mine before its too late, but it seems like its too late already. :(

Casey

2. artabr

artabr New Member

You can still find them but I think it's gotten to a point of either being in the right place at the right time, or getting ripped off by someone scalping folks with high prices.
    We have a somewhat local dealer that had FN SCAR's for $6,000 - $7,000 on a board that I can't list here. There is a 6 page thread on another forum about this shop. Nobody wants to deal with them.

Edit: I just checked that thread, It's up to 12 pages now. :rolleyes: :D

Art

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  3. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

I have a few.... NOT AS MANY AS YSACRES... but i have couple of them... :rolleyes::rolleyes::D;)

mike
    gn

4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Casey,

good to see you back in there. it's a sign of the times.

5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

i will say this. years ago when i had an ffl olympic arms stoped manufacturer of the ar and went into making only reciever sets. you would buy a set and you would have up to a year later to send it back to build your rifle. i wonder if they will do something like that again if a ban comes to pass.

6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

The impresion I've gotten from distributors/major wholesalers is that the companies are now only working to fill back orders. Fearing being stuck with unsellable inventory if they maintain normal production and a ban goes into effect. The Olympic arms M4 I'm interested in trickles into the dealer one or two at a time and when those are sold it may be weeks before they get another one though they have a continuous order going in for them. Of course Glocknut buying them all up doesn't help, lol.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  7. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

My thoughts exactly MT! :D:D:D:D