The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I put this post under the correct board. Anyway here's my question....
Is it legal under Federal Law, to install a Slide fire Stock onto an AR15 PISTOL? Anybody have any knowledge of this? Is the BATF okay with putting a Slide Fire Stock, or other Bumpfire Stick on an AT Pistol?

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,773 Posts
What ral357 said. As I understand it, once a lower starts as a pistol, it has to remain a pistol.

·
Super Moderator
29,991 Posts
Nope. Don't do it. It'll get you a stay at "club fed".

What ral357 said. As I understand it, once a lower starts as a pistol, it has to remain a pistol.
That's a grey area. If you bought a stripped lower and it was only put in the bound book as a receiver, you could get away with switching it around. You would still need the tax stamp to put the stock on a pistol length barrel.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea Bubba can go get some other inmate for his "New friend". Someone who is not me, I don't swing that way. :mad:
Anyway I was just curious and I kinda expected the answer to be something like Doing so would violate the rules of the NFA.
I wasn't 100% sure, Tha ts why I asked. I didn't want to call the arc and ask them because I know what they've done to people who ask those types of questions. They assume you're doing something shady, possibly trace your call, and show up at 5:00 in the morning to "Check out your weapons collection", no no no don't need that. I've nothing to hide, but I like my dogs and don't want them being killed to keep quiet before they busy in. :confused:
Thanks for the comments...o_O

Why don't you just ask the BATF?
Read my last comment and you'll see why I don't want to call the BATF.:p

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In addition to the down trots of Club Fed, the sinks are too low and the soap smells funny (so I've been told)
All the more reason to avoid club fed whenever possible. I think I'll just maybe get an AT Rifle for the slide fire stock, if I decide to get one at all. Hav ent decided, so far don't have either one yet.

·
Premium Member
13,495 Posts

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
Some years back there was a fellow at our city range firing an SKS equipped with a 30 round duckbill, clamp-on bipod, and a burst fire crank. He wailed away - I'd venture to say at nothing in particular, creating a lot of dust downrange, and in short order was out of ammo.
And a good share of his money I'd bet.

·
Banned
107 Posts
I had
Some years back there was a fellow at our city range firing an SKS equipped with a 30 round duckbill, clamp-on bipod, and a burst fire crank. He wailed away - I'd venture to say at nothing in particular, creating a lot of dust downrange, and in short order was out of ammo.
I had one of those gatling cranks a few years back. It functioned as advertised. Back in 1997 I had a hellfire device on one of my AK' s. I got it to spurt once, but other than that one time, the thing was a biggest price of junk ever made. I couldn't ever get it to work again. Worst 20 bucks I ever spent. I tried it on each one of my five AK' s. Worthless pile of metal junk the hellfire device is.:(

·
Premium Member
34,379 Posts
I had

I had one of those gatling cranks a few years back. It functioned as advertised. Back in 1997 I had a hellfire device on one of my AK' s. I got it to spurt once, but other than that one time, the thing was a biggest price of junk ever made. I couldn't ever get it to work again. Worst 20 bucks I ever spent. I tried it on each one of my five AK' s. Worthless pile of metal junk the hellfire device is.:(
I cleaned up your post some. Watch the language please, and thanks.

I just had to get a Hell Fire system for my SKS back when they first came out. Mine worked just fine, but all I was doing was firing a bunch of ammo thru the rifle, and was unable to actually hit anything shooting from the hip. It's sitting in one of the drawers on one of my gun racks.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Personally, full auto for the most part is useless. Military only uses it on the ground for cover fire. Otherwise they tend to only fire in semi auto and short bursts. As the old adage goes, "Speed is great, accuracy is better."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.