The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering here.

With all the rioting in cities, with arson committed on buildings and cars, is anyone else becoming suspicious that some of the wild fires might have been started by the Anti-freedom thugs?

We have some being started by lightning, some by electrical wires, and maybe some by accidental camp fires getting out of control, but there are many fires, and many angry rioters, so I'm wondering if any got started on purpose.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Just wondering here.

With all the rioting in cities, with arson committed on buildings and cars, is anyone else becoming suspicious that some of the wild fires might have been started by the Anti-freedom thugs?

We have some being started by lightning, some by electrical wires, and maybe some by accidental camp fires getting out of control, but there are many fires, and many angry rioters, so I'm wondering if any got started on purpose.
I am sure several fires are be set just to add to the overall mayham. After all who is going to know for sure?

Larry

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,237 Posts
Are you saying the protesters would break the law?? :eek:hno:

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Actually, yes!! I've heard of at least one arrest in North Cali.

Just google "Cali fires arson". At least 4 more arrested in last 8 days.

Not necessary correct to say, " oh it's just California, it just spontaneously combusts every year".

Reactions: tedwitt

·
TFF Chaplain
18,859 Posts
but there are many fires, and many angry rioters, so I'm wondering if any got started on purpose.
As said above, who can tell?

My first thought is that there is lots of lightening that can start lots of fires. Some of those remote locations would be a real challenge for the rioters to get to, but ones closer to civilization could be arson.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Big Sur's Dolan fire may have arson, cannabis connection. (headline from SF Chronicle).

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Just wondering here.

Fire is a weapon of war. I wouldn't be surprised, but I would also nto think it would be AntiFamily but likley hostile state actors.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Wife just stumbled onto one of the methods of ignition. All it takes is a glass bottle with a little shredded paper or other combustible materiel left in the sun on dry grass.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Likely some are 'natural fires' and some are arson.

One of the great number of things I wasn't able to 'get' while I lived out there: forests in a natural state do have fires - but they are fast moving and don'r damage the trees. When natural fires are stopped in a forest, dead grass and underbrush accumulate, the fires tend to rage larger and are able to creep into the upper portions of trees (where they explode like Roman Candles). In an all natural forest, the fires are low and quick.

Tree Huggers are the ones responsible for much of this. They are killing the forests and all of the West Coat with 'kindness'. If they'd let nature BE natural we'd have far fewer and much smaller fires.

·
Premium Member
7,903 Posts
Some of these fires are indeed the work arsonists the thing is they are no longer limiting themselves to the forested lands. In Coos Bay a man caught a woman trying to start a fire in his car port between is car and his house. Lucky for him he was able to chase her off before the fire got started.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
We here in Florida have the occasional prescribed burns. As said, the fires are low and fast, the trees come out fine. And, the resulting new green growth for the next couple years feed the deer and other critters. Our forests stay healthy.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Sources: Series of wildfires on the West Coast may be “coordinated and planned” attack
Posted by: Amie Flanagan|September 10, 2020 |Categories Featured, News
Share:

WEST COAST – A series of wildfires in Washington, Oregon, and California are now being considered arson – and sources tell Law Enforcement Today that they may be part of a “coordinated attack”. Law enforcement throughout the west coast is reportedly being put on alert to look out for “opportunists” and those who may have more sinister motives.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/sources-series-of-wildfires-may-be-coordinated-and-planned-attack/?fbclid=IwAR3G_a_MBL1ViNBlZKnnrJhh_chxOqTVoeadSZ2F_AHaJf60NJXeBbQg-2A

1 - 20 of 80 Posts