The Firearms Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
I've shot in the snow, the cold, the summer heat when fire danger hasn't closed off the woods but I never cared much for shooting in the rain unless I was hunting. Mostly because I shoot muzzle loading rifles as well as the modern guns and loading and shooting a muzzle loader in the rain can cause problems like hang fire or miss fire if the cap or the pan gets wet.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I much prefer to shoot when it's warm but to be honest with temps in the upper 30's these past few days I'm getting an itchy trigger finger. I had the tractor out and cleared out the big snow banks so I can get to the bench. I'm thinking on a nice sunny, no wind day I'll be out there burnin' some powder...

·
GUNZILLA
7,575 Posts
I am a fair weather everything type of guy. I refuse to shoot and train on days that remind me of the miserable conditions I endured throughout my military career, whether it was rain, snow, mud and windy conditions sometimes all four happening at the same time. I guess you can say I have become wimpy since I retired from the military. Fore example yesterday we had 20 to 30 mph winds and in the 40's, I consider that miserable. This morning I don't know how cold it is but it is cold and I consider it miserable. I will only shoot when it is warmer or hot and on my terms.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts