The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday we were out at my brothers, inlaws house. He's got a nice rifle range out to 600 yards with several different size gongs set up on the bank of his pond. Naturally every time I'm invited I'll take the SPR since it'll reach that easily and accurately.

Along came a pop up shower and everyone but me and a friend of my brother that's an ex army ranger started putting their rifles away like it was the beginning of the second flood:rolleyes:. John looked at me shaking his head and asked the others if their AR's were going to melt. We continued shooting through a brisk, 20 minute shower. Sure the rifle was soaked but I'm also sure they're made to work in the rain.:D

I'll run my guns in any and all conditions, it's not gaurenteed it'll be 70F and clear sky's when you may need them the most.

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,227 Posts
mine have been wet before, and probably will be again... I do hate the spots on my glasses when it happens though...

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I don't buy guns that won't work in poor conditions.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
I don't own an AR but if I did I'm smart enough to know that plastic and steel aren't water soluble.

God invented rain, man invented towels, cleaning patches and gun oil. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,149 Posts
I don't own an AR but as with goofy if I'm hunting any rifle I own is game to grab and go....and all of mine would buy at least a couple AR's. If I'm afraid to use it there's no need in me owning it.

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I don't own an AR but as with goofy if I'm hunting any rifle I own is game to grab and go....and all of mine would buy at least a couple AR's. If I'm afraid to use it there's no need in me owning it.
I like shooting in all weather; to see if I run into a problem, and to gain experience.

Reactions: jwdurf and FreshP

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I didn't bring either of the ARs today, but did bring the 308 and mini-14 of which I had to shoot in the rain, not because I wanted to, but because we were set up and it started raining. Tannerite still goes boom in the rain. Bwaahaaahaaa :D:D

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
ARs were DESIGNED to use in wet weather. I think that is why the Good Lord invented plastic (doesn't absorb rain water) and aluminum (doesn't rust).

Reminds me of the city driver who drove past a farmer just after a rain storm. Looking at a creek that had risen over the pavement of the road, the driver stopped and asked a farmer along side of the road if the water over the road was deep. The farmer replied - "No sir, it ain't very deep at all".

The driver starts down the road, and soon his car submerged in the stream. The driver swims out, and goes back to the farmer, mad as can be. He says to the farmer, "You said the water wasn't very deep!"

The farmer replies (pointing to his waist) "It only comes up to here on my ducks.";)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts