The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted this on a C&R site I visit. Should be arriving at the Sitka PO in about a week. Had one of these interesting rifles back in the day ('60s) but eventually sold or traded it off. Been kicking myself for that blunder ever since, and swore if I ever spotted another one I'd buy it. Well, I spotted one and
I bought it. :)

·
Premium Member
10,283 Posts
That’s pretty slick Mac. I assume it breaks in two right where that “D Ring” is? Be sure to have the Mr’s take some good pics. What an interesting rifle.

·
Premium Member
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That’s pretty slick Mac. I assume it breaks in two right where that “D Ring” is? Be sure to have the Mr’s take some good pics. What an interesting rifle.
Yup, the D ring's attached to a wedge which locks the barrel in place. Sadly, the mum on this particular Type 2 has been sanded or polished off - as opposed to having been ground or hacked with a bayonet, but with total production being somewhere in the range of 19-21,000 it's still a relatively uncommon rifle. The Type 100 used an interrupted barrel thread arrangement, and they're very scarce. At one time I owned an example of each model, and like a dope sold or traded them off. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts