Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

'Arrowhead' .22 Rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

lwin517
    (12/22/02 10:11:29 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All ID this rifle ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just acquired an older .22 rimfire rifle from a friend. It is a single shot, bolt action that you must pull a knob at the back of the bolt to arm. It is marked >>>ARROWHEAD>>>22 S- L- LR coast to coast stores.

Can anyone tell me any history on this gun? Was it made for a store chain? By whom?
    Thanks

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/23/02 12:20:46 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: ID this rifle ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome to TFF. My cross referance list shows that Savave, Marlin, Mossberg, Springfield, and Stevens all made rifles for Coast to Coast.

Really need a model number to narrow it down. I show nothing under the name Arrow.

Maybe someone else around here knows the Arrow name.
    In 49 states ignorance is a crime.In the other one it is bliss.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/23/02 8:56:53 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: ID this rifle ?
    Hi Iwin517.....and welcome to TFF

Could be any one of a number of pull-hammer single shot .22s.......Marlin 100, Savage '04 or '05, or a whole bunch Stevens-Springfields.

If you can post a picture, we can probably ID your rifle.

In most cases, pull-hammer single shot rifles were lowpriced, entry level guns, and don't have great $$$ value.

2. troutned

troutned New Member

Here we are years later. Came across this thread while looking for info on the Coast to Coast Arrowhead, too. I finally found out that it is actually a Marlin model 100. I just happened across the right exploded diagram, and there it was. It looks like this same gun has also been sold as a Sears model 103.8 and a J.C. Higgins model 103.18. Hopefully this info is of some use to someone else down the road.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Yeah, 11 years later, that is almost a record on old threads. Hopefully someone will need that info!

4. Fatstrat

Fatstrat Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will come in handy someday. I for one am happy you posted it. I love to increase my firearms knowledge. Thanks.