The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,116 Posts
Astra made several 25s. A picture would be helpful.

That's not c1a, by the way. It's cia - the Spanish version of co - the abbreviation for company.

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
Where is Bob in St Louis when you need him? He probably had at least 400 or more different specimens of Eibar Cr...er I mean...quality firearms, at one time, probably still does, so he probably has 3-4 just like it and could tell which of the Unceta second cousins using the Astra name to spite their uncle probably built it in their garage down the street from the Star plant in like 1934...😎. And I can guarantee he had a spare mag or two for every possible Spanish Firearm ever made, probably 5-10 at least for each of his Destroyers...😎

But good luck, I still haven’t tracked him down to brag on my Star BMs...

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
But good luck, I still haven’t tracked him down to brag on my Star
The hills are alive with ..........................Julie Andrews and blazing brace of 400`s
Those were the days, Right LTS? I visited him once in my travels, bought a Chinese Type 53 from him, I was AMAZED at his Eibar collection! At the time I think he had over 275 of just the pistols, Stars, Astras, Straight Eibars, Jo-Alars, and a bunch I never heard of, knock offs made in some basque basement! 22s, 25s, 32s .380s, 9s, a LOT of 9x23s, heck he had more of just the Destroyer carbines than I had Mosin Nagants and I had a ton of them at one time!

Nice guy too...I wonder how he’s doing?

·
Registered
17,116 Posts
That is an Astra Cub. Colt sold the same gun under their name in the late 50s early 60s as a Colt Junior.

As for magazines - they are extremely difficult to come by. Triple K claims they make one, but the one I bought would not work with my gun. If you find anyone selling one, make sure that their ad says it's an original. If it's a reproduction it's probably going to be triple k, and it's a piece of junk.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Your Astra Cub has been refinished in nickel. They were not available in nickel plate-only chrome plate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts